MIKOV exclusive line with rear bolsters - limited number

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tanto

MIKOV exclusive line with rear bolsters - limited number

Post by tanto »

Now available (web site will be updated today).

The knives are available with cocobolo (84.00 USD), Turkish walnut (94.00) and Horn scales (109.00). Stag version should be available soon. As you can see the rear bolster is only 10 USD more over the exclusive knives. The price includes shipping and lever sheath. Only 5+5+10 were made so far.

David
Last edited by tanto on Wed Sep 01, 2004 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
---------------

My knives + watches
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

David,
My only comment on these knives or any of the ones with filework is that their all the same. They never change the pattern. It would be nice to see something different. I have one with the file work so why would I buy another that looks identical. Just a thought.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
magnum

Post by magnum »

I agree with Claudester would be nice to see some different patterns on the filework.David any new patterns in the works :?: :?:

magnum
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

I suspect the "file work" is cut using a jig. So a new pattern would entail new tooling.

I'm sure they can recoup those additional costs by generating more sales. Those would come from the extra demand created and fueled by the need of the addicted to have examples of the new file pattern(s) in their collections.

Sounds like the proverbial Win-Win to me.
tanto

Post by tanto »

I know.. the only filework.. but can you imagine people would be e-mailing and requesting specific filework? We alrady have about 8 damasteel patterns... It would be impossible for me to keep everything in stock. We might change the filework a bit but we would be making only one version at the time...

David
---------------

My knives + watches