2 Rizzuto's

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Twobit

2 Rizzuto's

Post by Twobit »

Guys I'm looking to re-home these two blades. The swinger in faux ivory/cream scales comes in at 10-7/8" overall with a blade length of 4-3/4". The Bird Head in horribly fitted black scales is 8-3/4" overall with a blade just under 3-7/8". Safety on the swinger doesn't work, the Bird Head's does. No major blemishes on either. Blades lock up straight with some play both ways, about the same amount on both knives. I'm glad to answer questions and provide more pictures of any specific details requested. Asking price for the swinger is $150. Bird Head, $250. I'll consider offers including partial trades of inexpensive OTF's, balisongs, and possibly fixed blades. Thanks for looking! Make an offer, the worst I'll do is say "no, thank you". Sorry I can't do PayPal, I ditched my account when they decided to become thought police. Money order only, please.
Attachments
IMG_20231212_131812695.jpg
IMG_20231212_131812695.jpg (942.65 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
IMG_20231212_131859227.jpg
IMG_20231212_131859227.jpg (568.15 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
IMG_20231212_131828379.jpg
IMG_20231212_131828379.jpg (733.14 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
IMG_20231212_131921613.jpg
IMG_20231212_131921613.jpg (591.71 KiB) Viewed 1561 times
portlandmike

Re: 2 Rizzuto's

Post by portlandmike »

Message sent
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I don’t like people that do business this way… I asked if the knife was still for sale and was willing to pay full price… The seller now wants to play games with who will ever offer him the most money.. I withdrew my offer to buy it.. buyer beware
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Portlandmike, you asked if it was available. You did NOT make any offer, full asking price or otherwise. I replied that I had an offer I was CONSIDERING and asked you if you had one. I didn't tell you what the offer was and I hadn't accepted or rejected the offer. If you had indeed offered me full asking price I would have been obliged to accept. I don't know if you perceived some "tone" in my reply that rubbed you the wrong way or what but I was merely letting you know BEFORE you did make an offer that there was competition. I don't know what's wrong with that. But you are lying saying that you offered me ANYTHING. If I can figure out how to transfer the PM exchange onto the open forum I'll prove it. Having another offer under consideration is just that. If I actually commit to accepting an offer and someone comes along and makes a better one I'm sticking to my word. Even if I lose on it. That's how I am. I don't know why you want to dirty my name here but it's totally unnecessary and dishonest of you. I agreed to consider the first offer but it wasn't full asking price and there was an unknown factor I really wanted to find out more about AND see what else was offered in the mean time. Rant over.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

I just wanted to buy the knife for the price you posted… I didn’t want to play “let’s make a deal“
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

But you didn't inform me of that little factoid, if indeed it's true. And you have implied here on the open forum that you did make an offer , by saying you withdraw said offer. All I did was inform you that there was one from someone else. For all I know you saw the lack of activity on my post and thought you could low-ball me. Only you know the truth of whether or not you really intended that and you've already lied saying you made one.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Sale pending on the Bird Head.
portlandmike

Post by portlandmike »

The average price for this knife is about $400… So I never considered trying to undercut your asking price of $250… I hope you didn’t lose out too badly
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

One reason for not allowing auctions and discouraging things worded "best offer" is somebody always seems upset in the end.

Moderators can't see pm's to see the back and forth and I doubt any of us want to. Hopefully this disagreement doesn't carry over to a big pissing match. You guys both seem like good reasonable people.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Whippersnapper, I've said my piece and I can leave it be. He doesn't seem to have poisoned the well too badly. I made a sale/ partial trade on the blade in question and I'm still getting action on the swinger so, bygones as far as I'm concerned. Thing is, in my experience, people rarely just pay asking price so to not say "OBO" is kinda moot. People generally try to get it for less if they can.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

The swinger is still available. Didn't make a deal but had a good conversation with ljerr2. If you like those TheEdgeCo NATO Military OTF's he's got a great looking specimen for sale down the page a bit. Very good price, just more than I wanted to give in trade value. Check it out.
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

The Bird Head is officially sold. Sale/ trade deal sealed with frosolone. Both packages are mailed and tracking sent both ways. Hoping for a repeat of my trade with Tkreil66, hopefully maybe minus the scary tracking hiccup. Looking forward to each of us receiving our goodies .
Twobit

Post by Twobit »

Swinger sold. Again to frosolone. Got my package with trade and money order a day before expected. Solid trading with him. Much appreciated, frosolone!