Looking for 9" Frank B purchase or trade

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ljerr2

Looking for 9" Frank B purchase or trade

Post by ljerr2 »

I'd like to find some 9" Frank B knives - specifically:
Bayo blades
NOT 2.0 version
Picklock or swivel, but picklock preferred!

I have 11" versions and would consider trading - I have picklock, flatguard picklock, and swivel.

Thanks.

JL
JulesVane

Re: Looking for 9" Frank B purchase or trade

Post by JulesVane »

I know the picklocks would be your first choice, but I noticed AAPK's seems to have an abundance of Beltrame 9" swivel bolster models. Will keep an eye out for picklocks.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Post by Bill DeShivs »

The 9" Frank Beltrame swivel bolster knives were made by Armando Beltrame up until a few yeas ago.
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

I see that directknifesales.com has a 9" Frank Beltrame "Classic" swivel bolster with bayo blade and ebony wood handles, the blade thickness is listed as 3mm (older blade thickness). Price is $130.

I've purchased from them a few times, and although I received my order in a timely manner, with no problem with my credit card, getting a return authorization for one knife took persistence, and I only received a 75% refund. Something to consider if you buy from them.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A
button_man

Post by button_man »

ljerr2 wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:07 pm I'd like to find some 9" Frank B knives - specifically:
Bayo blades
NOT 2.0 version
What exactly is a "2.0 version" and how does it differ from its predecessor...? Thanks!

Erik131065

Post by Erik131065 »

2.0 versions are made by Frank's son en have the searhole all through and the blade is shaped a little different. They have very strong springs though. Nothing wrong with this knife although the searhole may give it a bit of an Asian appearance.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

The 2.0 have much thicker back springs and blades. Franks son explained in a post the new oval whole was used to stop blade peek.

https://www.perryknifeworks.com/item--f ... -4-polish/
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Thanks for all of the replies to this thread. It's all about aesthetics and the look to me, that's mainly why I'd like the older version. I just don't like the sear hole being oval. I prefer the old-school, round sear hole look. I'm guessing that the oval hole allows for bigger assembly tolerances and the sear not needing to perfectly align with the hole since there would be a larger range of sear surface. MIght even be easier/less expensive way to manufacture the blades that way, too. Not a big fan of the hole going all the way through the blade either, but some makers did that 70 years ago, too. I also don't like the extended lock tab look. It just looks a little odd to me. Again, it's personal preference.