WTB: Prison Knives

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
WeaselS_16

WTB: Prison Knives

Post by WeaselS_16 »

Hello everyone, I’m interested in purchasing any prison knives anyone would like to let go of. Country of origin doesn’t matter, I’m just looking to get my foot in the door with them. I’ve yet to own any, and it seems they are not so easy to find on the other knife forums. I figured I’d give this place a try and see if I’d have any luck. Thank you all!
sammy the blade

Re: WTB: Prison Knives

Post by sammy the blade »

Try going to a prison and ask, good luck.
2024 candidate for president
hearandgone

Post by hearandgone »

Many are offered on eBay.
NorthCarolinaDude

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Just be careful if authenticity is important to you, it seems these days there are more "prison" knives being made on the outside than ones made on the inside. It's become a very popular niche style, and almost always tough to authentic. But if that doesn't bother you, then as pointed out above, you can find them on eBay by searching "Russian prison knife." Just checked, and there are a bunch. Many in a minty state, which makes me ponder where they were actually produced. But they do look very cool!!

Good luck on your quest, and if you want, be sure to show off your catch here in the Blade Pictures forum! Take care.
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

WeaselS

I can understand you wanting a" Prison knife " ,but you can never be sure they were made on prison grounds.I have a couple which I love ,they fire hard and are aesthetically pleasing .

I bought into the story of them being allowed to be made on site in prisons in the east ,but have become sceptical as more and more elaborate designs apoeared .

If you take em for what they are they are great knives and I wish you sucess with your collection,I was pleased with my examples.

gravknife.
Killgar

Post by Killgar »

I look upon "made in a Russian prison" the same way I look upon "carried by Navy SEALs". Pure marketing.

I'd wager it's some guy making them in his garage.

My advice, if you really like the design of a particular knife, and it's reasonably priced, and you can afford it, buy it. But don't pay a premium for a junky knife just because it comes with a cool story. Buy the knife, not the story, because the story might very well be pure BS.
Avatar- Ti-Lite Auto Conversion. Video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q79nia-_DzU

My youtube knife channel- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjSYCK ... 3s5HNcsL5A