WTB Microtech Lightfoot Serrated D/A clone

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
BossTone74

WTB Microtech Lightfoot Serrated D/A clone

Post by BossTone74 »

Knife gurus
My uncle was talking about a knife he came across at one point and hasn’t been able to find another. My uncle is 82 and is starting to slow down, so the details are somewhat spotty. The story goes his friend lost his knife and stopped at a shop somewhere in Missouri. The gent in the shop said “try one of these”. The gent made it seem like it came from a local knife maker (obviously NOT) . His friend showed it to him. What stuck out to my uncle, is how it opened. You pressed on the blade and it would unlock/release/click then you would pull it the rest of the way open would lock. I think my uncle obtained the picture from his friend previous to his friends death, but never found out exactly where it came from.

So I did some digging based off the pearl scaled pictured and figure it is a Microtech Lightfoot LCC D/A clone.
Anyone have one laying around, I’d love to make my old uncle smile. Thanks y’all
Attachments
74358BB8-2144-46FB-9E39-4AA2F60E5676.jpeg
74358BB8-2144-46FB-9E39-4AA2F60E5676.jpeg (345.32 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
95CDED75-1D3A-4FFB-AAF4-AF8814910C56.jpeg
95CDED75-1D3A-4FFB-AAF4-AF8814910C56.jpeg (323.73 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
sammy the blade

Re: WTB Microtech Lightfoot Serrated D/A clone

Post by sammy the blade »

Had one around 20 or so years ago and you would rock the bolster to fire it. Weighed about 3 pounds too, couldn't keep my pants up if it was in my pocket. Just kidding about the 3 pounds but they were heavy.
2024 candidate for president
BossTone74

Post by BossTone74 »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:51 pm Had one around 20 or so years ago and you would rock the bolster to fire it. Weighed about 3 pounds too, couldn't keep my pants up if it was in my pocket. Just kidding about the 3 pounds but they were heavy.
Thanks for the reply, I know someone’s got one laying around here they don’t need anymore.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

I did have a couple of them, if I still do I will let you know. The ones that I have/had were dual openers, you could open them manually or by sort of sliding the bolster/scale inward. One I had I had a friend put stag scales on it. I think he went to more trouble than it was wort but it certainly made it a one of a kind.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Remember Stu was selling some poppers pretty cheap. One I had started popping and I ended up throwing it away.
2024 candidate for president
BossTone74

Post by BossTone74 »

Markco the Mad otter wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:00 pm I did have a couple of them, if I still do I will let you know. The ones that I have/had were dual openers, you could open them manually or by sort of sliding the bolster/scale inward. One I had I had a friend put stag scales on it. I think he went to more trouble than it was wort but it certainly made it a one of a kind.
Please do! Thanks for checking as that is exactly what I’m looking for.
Markco the Mad otter

ok I found one just like the one in the picture, wood scales, duel action, even same blade.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Markco the Mad otter

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:22 pm Remember Stu was selling some poppers pretty cheap. One I had started popping and I ended up throwing it away.
yup, they were good for that. had a few poppers too. I used to buy them in semi bulk and sell them at work, them were the dayz....ha ha ha
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
BossTone74

Post by BossTone74 »

Markco the Mad otter wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:28 am ok I found one just like the one in the picture, wood scales, duel action, even same blade.

Great, sent you a PM