WTB: AGA Campolin Picklock 10” or 11”

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
moltenmag

WTB: AGA Campolin Picklock 10” or 11”

Post by moltenmag »

Currently looking for an AGA Campolin Picklock 10” or 11” (preferably 10”) in wood. New to switchblades and looking for a quality heirloom piece to pass down family line. Thanks!
JulesVane

Re: WTB: AGA Campolin Picklock 10” or 11”

Post by JulesVane »

moltenmag wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:28 pm Currently looking for an AGA Campolin Picklock 10” or 11” (preferably 10”) in wood. New to switchblades and looking for a quality heirloom piece to pass down family line. Thanks!
As you're admittedly new to switchblades, I just want to share my opinion on what you think you may be looking for: The A.G.A. Campolin 10"-5mm, and the 11" and 13" wasp body flatguard picklocks, were made by Renzo Pascotto, and more often stamped A.G.A. Campolin. To find any with the Renzo Pascotto etch, is a huge bonus. But, be aware, that in 2017, A.G.A. Campolin introduced their "Classic Line" of 11" and 13" picklocks, that did not come in close to the build quality of those others. No "D" stamp and no 2-piece spring. The price of those was nearly a third of those others. So, I just wanted you to make an educated purchase on what you're actually getting, and prices (values) of those very different models. I certainly wish you luck in your quest.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Highspeedsteel

Post by Highspeedsteel »

100% agree with JulesVane, good luck!
moltenmag

Post by moltenmag »

JulesVane wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:19 pm
moltenmag wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:28 pm Currently looking for an AGA Campolin Picklock 10” or 11” (preferably 10”) in wood. New to switchblades and looking for a quality heirloom piece to pass down family line. Thanks!
As you're admittedly new to switchblades, I just want to share my opinion on what you think you may be looking for: The A.G.A. Campolin 10"-5mm, and the 11" and 13" wasp body flatguard picklocks, were made by Renzo Pascotto, and more often stamped A.G.A. Campolin. To find any with the Renzo Pascotto etch, is a huge bonus. But, be aware, that in 2017, A.G.A. Campolin introduced their "Classic Line" of 11" and 13" picklocks, that did not come in close to the build quality of those others. No "D" stamp and no 2-piece spring. The price of those was nearly a third of those others. So, I just wanted you to make an educated purchase on what you're actually getting, and prices (values) of those very different models. I certainly wish you luck in your quest.
Thanks for the clarification JulesVane. Is there any resource that can show me a picture of the differences between them so I make sure I’m getting the right one?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

moltenmag wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:32 pm
Thanks for the clarification JulesVane. Is there any resource that can show me a picture of the differences between them so I make sure I’m getting the right one?
I would suggest that you can go to Angelo's online store at 3knivesDOTcom...Italian switchblades> Picklock, and though they are all out of stock, you can see the various picklock models and OLD prices. Right next door to the picklock section, is the Flat Guard section, all also out of stock, but interesting comparisons of the flatguards.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Peiper

Post by Peiper »

I have what you are looking for. Send me a PM.
Peiper
moltenmag

Post by moltenmag »

Peiper wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:05 am I have what you are looking for. Send me a PM.
Peiper
Hey Peiper PM Sent!
moltenmag

Post by moltenmag »

So I Pm’ed Peiper and he currently doesn’t have what I’m looking for. I’m still looking! Thanks for the help everyone!
moltenmag

Post by moltenmag »

Still looking!