Switchblades and automatics

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Skyyy.Blades

Re: Switchblades and automatics

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

Hi I am new here and willing to prove myself but please dude dont tarnish my name so quickly. I showed you pictures so you can see them for yourself.
Best,
Skyyy S.
Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

Agaguyjason wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:22 am Beware ppl … this guy commented on my leverlock duebuoi post with pictures… and they wasnt what he said they was
I showed you pictures. Come on dont be so quick to judge or say bad things about the new guy
Best,
Skyyy S.
Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

Go read the original post. I mean no harm.
Best,
Skyyy S.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

WHAT ABOUT THE 20 POST RULE ( NOT ALL IN THE SALE SECTION!), BEFORE YOU SELL!
There are LOTs of questions about your offerings on FB too......
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Tom19176 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:08 am WHAT ABOUT THE 20 POST RULE ( NOT ALL IN THE SALE SECTION!), BEFORE YOU SELL!
There are LOTs of questions about your offerings on FB too......
Tom...I don't think I've ever seen a new member rack up the 20 posts required to sell as fast as I saw this person! Gaining 20+ posts, by commenting and responding to himself, on his own posts :lol:

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Yes and while I don't know him, on Face Book there seem to be issues with his offerings......
Agaguyjason

Post by Agaguyjason »

In doubt do without!!! Come on guys go with your gut instinct
thom

Post by thom »

Can you take a close up of the a couple of the stamps with a piece of paper with today’s date?
I would still like to know who your dad is. Stiletto collectors are a small community. We know all the collectors. Please give us his username on TB
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

what is the facebook group where this person's knives are posted? I'm a member of 3 different switchblade fb groups and I didn't see them.
thom

Post by thom »

Skyyy.Blades wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:46 am Go read the original post. I mean no harm.
I have a way you could prove yourself. Send me one of the knives. Upon arrival I will immediately pay you with PayPal.
You can ask anyone on this group and they will vouch for me.
If all goes well I’m sure you will sell most of the knives.
Thom
big_slim

Post by big_slim »

Looks like I'm the guinea pig on this one lol. I bought two knives from Skyy.Blades for 216 shipped pp goods/services. No major red flags except for lack of history, but I haven't seen the facebook posts. Knives are supposed to ship tomorrow with tracking. I'll definitely let you guys know when I get the knives and if the deal goes south I'll post about that too.
button_man

Post by button_man »

I have no way of knowing anything about the seller and currently take no position on his trustworthiness.

However! ....when I first began buying from sellers here, I went with guys who had a longstanding reputation on this site. As has been noted, this is a pretty tight community and you have to become known to become trusted. I figured that the guys who had been around for a long time had earned trust and respect. And as a buyer, everyone from whom I have bought has received prompt payment, polite discussion, and sincere thanks. I have not yet posted anything for sale; but if I did, I would hope that the people who have sold to me would have some degree of trust in the fact that an honest and decent buyer would likely also be an honest and decent seller. I've been here for a couple years now and still regard myself as a New Guy. You can't rush trust.

Also important is this: what if something goes south on a deal? We operate SOLELY on trust because we can't file a claim with a shipper or report fraud to the authorities. Trust is not an important thing here; it's the ONLY thing here. And so far, I am seeing that the seller declares a family history of collecting, but won't identify his father. There are apparently questions about his offerings of FB, which may mean nothing.... I'd have to know more to form an opinion (and I won't go near FB).... but still, the cloud is there. And he shows up out of nowhere with a zillion knives for sale and some fast patter but short on facts.

Some of you know about the final days of the "Superior" knife company. The company had produced very nice 9" knives and people got excited when the production of 11" knives was announced. A couple of prototypes were made, and eager buyers sent in boatloads of dough for their 11" knives..... which never arrived. Virtually overnight, the company folded and nobody ever saw a dime of their money back. So even if somebody seems okay at first, anything can happen - - which is why we all have to be extra careful. As I said above: we have no recourse.

Maybe this guy is as honest as the day is long. If that's the case, he needs to go slow and careful and prove himself. Just like the rest of us.

Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

Hey guys I am just catching up on all of the comments. Im not sure what facebook posts you guys are talking about as I just started to upload pictures and post them yesterday. Ill be taking more pictures and videos today to the google photo link.

Its ok you can make fun of me and I understand the reservations and Ill prove myself a trustworthy person who is simply selling from a collectors box full of memories so I appreciate every switchblade as if it has a soul.

I am from Orlando FL and is afraid of scammers myself so I understand.

Big_slim your knives are coming like I promised. I will be providing him with the USPS tracking number Monday. Today is Sunday and USPS is not opened. I can vouch for Big_Slim he paid via pay pal right away and was not verbally mean to me whatsoever. I appreciate you taking the 1st jump with me. You wont regret it.

Stay tune for more pics and videos. Ill make sure I time stamp them too as someone suggested here
Best,
Skyyy S.
Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

For futher confidence. Your payments are secured with paypal and ill provide a invoice from paypal for the purchases.
Best,
Skyyy S.
Skyyy.Blades

Post by Skyyy.Blades »

This pic stays close to my heart. Dad and Angelo Campolin at the Gator knife show Lakeland FL 2/2/2019
Attachments
Screenshot_20211128-115105_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211128-115105_Instagram.jpg (716.36 KiB) Viewed 1405 times
Best,
Skyyy S.