1980’s Top Automatic OTF comb 5$

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Austinaftermath

1980’s Top Automatic OTF comb 5$

Post by Austinaftermath »

Just a head up for users on here (I'm not selling these i just came across it); if linking to ebay is not allowed I'll remove the link. But this is a OTF comb and I think the parts should be interchangeable if you have a broken EdgeCo. Top Automatic.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/403273122206?_ ... %7Ciid%3A1
Last edited by Austinaftermath on Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Markco the Mad otter

Re: Top Automatic OTF comb 5$

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

wow, never seen off combs before and the price seems pretty reasonable. Interesting indeed. Thanks for the post.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Austinaftermath

Re: 1980’s Top Automatic OTF comb 5$

Post by Austinaftermath »

Yeah; I think i remember an old thread about EdgeCo. cheaper ( non italian) otf's handles cracking or breaking, and these are probably the same thing with no knife blade. I got a few and I'll disassemble them to see if that assumption is correct.
Himmler88

Re: 1980’s Top Automatic OTF comb 5$

Post by Himmler88 »

I just bought two of these off of Ebay. Both for $19.99! They are well built. I have two Top Automatic OTF's that are knives and appear to be the same. The comb is worthless & has a coating that sluffs off as well as the combs "bristles" being weak. Don't actuate this comb at all I would say. Anyways, I plan to find blades for them or somehow strengthen this comb itself. Like applying a thin, custom carbon fiber fill or coating/wrap of some sort. Idea being craft the comb into a functional blade. Any ideas ye Learned Elders of Knife Worship?!? Or does anyone out there have a blade or two that juss might fit the bill?!
Please let me know. Thank You very much!