WTB - Skull Button Custom Preferably Slo-Joe!

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
NorthCarolinaDude

WTB - Skull Button Custom Preferably Slo-Joe!

Post by NorthCarolinaDude »

Absolute heartache. I recently tried purchasing a Slo-Joe with a Skull Button via a certain website, only to find out that just before I made my purchase somebody had beaten me to it, and the website had not been updated! Imagine my disappointment with the result. The only person that would be happy to read the words, "Your card was not charged", would be my old lady...if she knew!

So, with that drama out behind me, I thought I'd peek the community here in an attempt to acquire my first! (I totally missed out on the Skull button period of collecting!!)

If you have a groovy Slo-Joe with a Skull button, or similar alternative and would like to assist me in this collecting achievement, please PM me with some pics and a ballpark on your price, I'd greatly appreciate hearing from you! Peace.
JulesVane

Re: WTB - Skull Button Custom Preferably Slo-Joe!

Post by JulesVane »

Here's a 13" Armando Beltrame that someone likely rescaled and added a skull button... https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1025968/

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
NorthCarolinaDude

JulesVane wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:14 pm Here's a 13" Armando Beltrame that someone likely rescaled and added a skull button... https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/products/1025968/
Good eye brother...I will definitely consider it. Especially so since I only have one AB in stag from about 15 years ago. It's one of my favorites and well built.

I am hoping I can find one with SloJoe's work though. If it comes down to it, I'll dig into that one if it's still available there. I had been teetering on the AGA skull button picklock that was on ACK but somebody snagged it in the last week or so. It was considerably more expensive than the AB and thus why I spent so much time weighing it. Unfortunately I lost it to someone else whilst haggling with myself.

So if anybody has one of these babies, particularly an Arlin Walker, then by all means please PM me! Peace.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Tried to take a picture of a couple that you might be interested in but didn't work sooooo......If ya go to Arlin's website to the skull archives there is a picture with four swingaurds, two white and two red. I still have 1,2&3. There is another one like #2 except with dark horn scales. They were meant to be a set. #1 there is a slight crack in the bone by the front right pin near the guard. You can sort of see it in his picture. I wish that he had taken a picture of the back scale because the bone has some nice color in it. The #2 and its dark horn twin I always wanted to keep as a set. The skulls are silver and I haven't cleaned them for quite a while so they are rather tarnished. So if ya have any interest, I might be willing to make a deal.
http://slojoe.com/skullarchieve.html
Attachments
ATT00052.jpg
ATT00052.jpg (55.91 KiB) Viewed 1492 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Great cartoon!
2024 candidate for president
Markco the Mad otter

ha ah...the real funny part about that was it was an accident from when I was trying to attach a picture of the knives. When I saw that pop up I decided to leave it.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
NorthCarolinaDude

Hey Mad Otter, thanks for the response, and the cartoon to boot! Haha. I sent you a PM. Peace.
Markco the Mad otter

The odd ball, dagger blade and carved skull button was done by Smallfoot. The button was carved out of antler. They could all use a good polish.
Attachments
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (121.83 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (121.8 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (120.82 KiB) Viewed 1391 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
NorthCarolinaDude

Wow, true works of craftsmanship! They are all so beautiful. I sent you an email brother. Peace.