Seeking Molletta

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
mattfuzz

Seeking Molletta

Post by mattfuzz »

I'm seeking 'Molletta' stiletto knives from Italy. These had checkered plastic scales in various colors and were originally made with a swedge blade and later (less well made) with a dagger.

I'm looking for swedge in 11" or 13" but interested in all Molletta.

I appreciate any leads!
Attachments
Screenshot_20210126-163948.jpg
Screenshot_20210126-163948.jpg (1015.7 KiB) Viewed 3536 times
Last edited by mattfuzz on Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
L.A.M.F.
Tom19176

Re: Seeking Molletta Stiletto

Post by Tom19176 »

The second run had dagger blades and were not as well made. Colors were black, blue and red with a orange look....
mattfuzz

Post by mattfuzz »

Tom19176 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:39 am The second run had dagger blades and were not as well made. Colors were black, blue and red with a orange look....
Oh that's right. I've heard people have found them with bayo blades but I haven't seen any myself.
L.A.M.F.
TMD

Post by TMD »

Ive had 4 different Moletta stilettos, all 9inchers and dagger grinds.
They were Black, blue, red and orange, I sold the red and orange ones because they had blade play.
I also have one Renzo Beltrame 9 inch with black checkered grips, it have a bayonet blade.
This info might be of help?
mattfuzz

Post by mattfuzz »

TMD wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:21 pm Ive had 4 different Moletta stilettos, all 9inchers and dagger grinds.
They were Black, blue, red and orange, I sold the red and orange ones because they had blade play.
I also have one Renzo Beltrame 9 inch with black checkered grips, it have a bayonet blade.
This info might be of help?
Yes thanks for the info! If you have any pics handy I'd love to see. Unfortunately most of the old picture links have expired on the forums.
L.A.M.F.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Not that it does you any good but use to have quite a few. Sold them or gave them all away over the years. So there should be some still around.

Years ago there was a seller that went by the name Lamadamas. Unfortunately I don't remember his real name and can't find his contact info. I exchanged emails with him often and purchased a few dozen different knives from him. I know many of our long time members did too. He was in Austria. He even had an auction site for a short time. I haven't heard anything from him in a long time.

Any way, he always claimed to be the one who had the Moletto knives originally made. There is a thread here somewhere where I shared the info....Maybe someone still knows him or has contact info.
mattfuzz

Post by mattfuzz »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:58 am Not that it does you any good but use to have quite a few. Sold them or gave them all away over the years. So there should be some still around.

Years ago there was a seller that went by the name Lamadamas. Unfortunately I don't remember his real name and can't find his contact info. I exchanged emails with him often and purchased a few dozen different knives from him. I know many of our long time members did too. He was in Austria. He even had an auction site for a short time. I haven't heard anything from him in a long time.

Any way, he always claimed to be the one who had the Moletto knives originally made. There is a thread here somewhere where I shared the info....Maybe someone still knows him or has contact info.
Right I have seen it. Fingers crossed. Thanks.
Last edited by mattfuzz on Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
L.A.M.F.
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Red and Orange? The red ones came in different shade but were still red. I have never seen one with a bayonet blade. Please send a picture. The older better ones had a false edge on the standard blade. Perhaps you're calling that a bayonet blade? Ala John had a ton of these and sold them cheap.....
TMD

Post by TMD »

Here is a picture of the ones I have left.
TMD

Post by TMD »

Tom19176 wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:04 pm Red and Orange? The red ones came in different shade but were still red. I have never seen one with a bayonet blade. Please send a picture. The older better ones had a false edge on the standard blade. Perhaps you're calling that a bayonet blade? Ala John had a ton of these and sold them cheap.....
I mean these exist in both red and orange one. Sorry I dont have any pictures of the ones I had. The bayonet one is a Renzo Beltrame and its scales arent as thick as the Molletta ones.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The last one I had was an 11 inch that always looked more orange than red. At least to my eyes when holding it.

I did find lamadamas old email address but it is over 10 years old. italianknives@gmail.com

Tom metioned alajohn. He is still around but I no longer can find his contact info.
mattfuzz

Post by mattfuzz »

whippersnapper wrote: Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:02 pm The last one I had was an 11 inch that always looked more orange than red. At least to my eyes when holding it.

I did find lamadamas old email address but it is over 10 years old. italianknives@gmail.com

Tom metioned alajohn. He is still around but I no longer can find his contact info.
You the real MVP! Thanks for sharing your photos guys. I'm waiting on a black short blade 8.25" in the mail. They look a little funny because the blade is noticeably shorter than the scale its made for.
L.A.M.F.
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

The blade may be shorter but every one I've had fired like a rocket!
2024 candidate for president
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I'm waiting on a black short blade 8.25" in the mail. They look a little funny because the blade is noticeably shorter than the scale its made for.
Glad you found one.

There are also short blade horn and stag handled Molletta's. All I had were pretty good.
mattfuzz

Post by mattfuzz »

I found an old email of AlaJohn alajohn@knology.net but just got an error message.
Last edited by mattfuzz on Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
L.A.M.F.