GERBER Mk.2 FIGHTING KNIFE VIETNAM WAR 1st YEAR PRODUCTION 1967 NEAR MINT RARE!

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Military Knives

GERBER Mk.2 FIGHTING KNIFE VIETNAM WAR 1st YEAR PRODUCTION 1967 NEAR MINT RARE!

Post by Military Knives »

GERBER Mk.2 FIGHTING KNIFE "CANT-ANGLE" VIETNAM WAR 1st YEAR PRODUCTION 1967 NEAR MINT RARE! KNIFE HAS BEEN SOLD

KNIFE HAS BEEN SOLD!!!

Gerber introduced a Fighting Knife to suit the needs of our Combat Servicemen serving in 'NAM Air, Land, and Sea Combat. Gerber made only 2,747 of it's first design. The "Cant Angle Blade." The blade was Epoxy mounted with a 5-15 degree "bend". To some buyers it was thought the Cant Angle was a flaw in manufacturing, and returned them. The idea was that as it was worn on the belt it would sit closer to the body for Airborne Troops and keep from having their parachute risers caught on the knife. Later on in 1967, Gerber discontinued the "Cant Angle Blade." They only made a very few, and they are in great demand by collectors. To find one in any condition is not easy. Many surviving examples have seen the harsh jungle climate of Vietnam and are not in high condition. This example is in superb near mint condition. The blade cant is approx. 10-15 degrees. The 6 3/4" double edge stiletto blade is razor sharp. The name EDMISTON is etched on the blade flat. No info is available regarding this. The "Cat's Tongue Handle" is pristine mint. This non-slip finish that Gerber developed, was applied by spraying molten aluminum onto the handle. This procedure was only available in 1967 & 1968. The black paint on the crossguard & pommel are mint! The correct right-hand side scabbard is mint. It has the staples at the throat, and top of the scabbard. This is the 1st design scabbard and is original to the knife. The original leg lanyard is present. Overall an exceedingly high condition RARE 1st year Cant Angle Gerber Mk.2 Fighting Knife. $3700. OBO Shipping is $28.
If you have any questions regarding this, or any Allied Military Fighting Knife 1941-1975, please let me know. This has been my passion: collecting, dealing, & studying Military History, and the WW2 Fairbairn-Sykes British Commando Fighting Knife, U.S. M-3 Trench Knife, Mk.2 USN/USMC Utility & Fighting Knives, Military Pocket Knives, Randall Model's 1 & 2, & Gerber Mk.2 Fighting Knife, and most all others as well for over 40 years. I personally guarantee the authenticity of any knife that I sell. If you're also not sure what knife you have, or what it's worth, let me know. I offer Free Advice! I deal in high condition examples as they perform the best over time, and are more pleasing to look at and handle, and Pride of Ownership!
The buyer certifies that he or she is of lawful age and is not prevented by any law from the purchase or possession of these items. The buyer is responsible for knowing, understanding and obeying all International, Federal, State and Local laws concerning the purchase and possession of these items.
Attachments
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 1.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 1.jpg (476.93 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 2.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 2.jpg (543.06 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 3.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 3.jpg (419.25 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 5.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 5.jpg (616.43 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 6.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 6.jpg (594.95 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 9.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 9.jpg (568.96 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 10.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 10.jpg (423.42 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 12.jpg
Gerber Mk.2 Cant Angle 12.jpg (491.71 KiB) Viewed 1504 times
Last edited by Military Knives on Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jim_mi

Re: GERBER Mk.2 FIGHTING KNIFE VIETNAM WAR 1st YEAR PRODUCTION 1967 NEAR MINT RARE!

Post by Jim_mi »

Price?
sammy the blade

Re: GERBER Mk.2 FIGHTING KNIFE VIETNAM WAR 1st YEAR PRODUCTION 1967 NEAR MINT RARE!

Post by sammy the blade »

$3700 OBO
2024 candidate for president
Military Knives

Post by Military Knives »

KNIFE HAS BEEN SOLD!