FOR SALE-13 in.CUSTOM KRIS PICKLOCK-PRICE REDUCED- $250 SHIPPED!

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
pappy57

FOR SALE-13 in.CUSTOM KRIS PICKLOCK-PRICE REDUCED- $250 SHIPPED!

Post by pappy57 »

There is a kind of an issue as to who made this knife. Arlin"Slo Jo"Walker has told me he made it. Mr. Bill DeShivs has stated that it is an early "BURN" (Paul Panak) custom because his wife did the engraving on the blade. I talked to Arlin a few years ago and he said,and I quote "That knife is all me". You can go to his website ww.slojoe.com and click on archive no.1 and there is a pic of it,left column,third knife down. You will note that clicking on it will not bring up more info or pics like the other knives although up until a few years ago there were several along with a full description. If anybody has any more knowledge of this knife please let me know so I can update this listing.
So now on to the knife itself;13 inch picklock with kris blade engraved BURN. Reindeer antler scales ( as least they were listed as that on both Arlin's and the sellers site I purchased it from). As you can see in the pics the knife is file worked through out. It fires really nice and has just a very tiny bit of play opened. The only detracting factor with knife is that the rear upper bolster is loose and needs to be re-soldered and the liner right next to it is a little dinged.(see pics) I had this knife three months before I even noticed it. The bolster movement is really really small.
All in all this is a very nice custom with a bit of mystery behind it.
Any questions feel to PM me. Asking $350.00 shipped priority.
Attachments
DSCN0267 (2).JPG
DSCN0267 (2).JPG (610.86 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0268 (2).JPG
DSCN0268 (2).JPG (579.96 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0269.JPG
DSCN0269.JPG (520.68 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0270.JPG
DSCN0270.JPG (530.48 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0271.JPG
DSCN0271.JPG (529.3 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0272.JPG
DSCN0272.JPG (518.95 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0273.JPG
DSCN0273.JPG (538.01 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
DSCN0274.JPG
DSCN0274.JPG (533.66 KiB) Viewed 1911 times
Last edited by pappy57 on Sat Jan 26, 2019 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JulesVane

Re: FOR SALE-13 in.CUSTOM KRIS PICKLOCK

Post by JulesVane »

I just talked to Paul Panak and showed him the knife. He said "Might be my signed blade, but not my chassis work, most likely his (Slo-Jo's)". So, I asked if he (Paul) made the blade? Paul said "No, that's an SKM blade". So, I asked why would his name (BURN) be on the blade? His reply: "Don't know" lmao!.. :lol: (We have such in-depth conversations lol).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
pappy57

Post by pappy57 »

Thanks Chris for the info and doing what I should have done my self and asked Mr. Panak but the thing is when I asked Arlin about it he seemed really,really put out that I had even asked about it and I didn't want to piss off 2 legendary makers so I just let it go. ...............so there it is folks,nice knife,what else can I say?
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Blade looks a lot like some 13" Kris bladed stilettos I have. Agree that it is not Paul's work. Moreover, adding his name is an obvious attempt by someone to increase the value of the piece. Now we need to watch out for even more items counterfeiters are willing to float out there. Given the concerns about this knife and if I was a maker/mangler who worked on this one, I would be very interested in getting to the bottom of the situation.
WaspLover

Post by WaspLover »

PM sent - not really a kris lover but I do like this one.