WTB: A.G.A. Campolin 10" (25cm) Picklock

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: WTB: A.G.A. Campolin 10" (25cm) Picklock

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:Hey, NICE score, Chris. That's a really sweet lookin' addition to your AGA 10" collection.
Thanks again Barb, Thom and Rick! This blade grind is interesting. Out of my entire collection of these, I don't have one with this grind. If my eyes are serving me correctly, it almost looks like a modified bayo or quarter(?) grind (as opposed to a Walt's half-grind?). Interesting.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

It appears to have the same grind and lock tab as that odd-dog red-dot.

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm thinking these are the original pieces of 150 made in 2013. Then, 2014 models were stamped 2014. But, not even my 2 original Renzo Pascotto prototypes have this grind.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

thom wrote:JV, Good pick up. Barb is very nice, she has some cool stuff.

THANK YOU, Thom! :D :D That's very nice of you to say! Well, It' time for Cinderella to pick up her glass slippers and call it a night! See ya all here tomorrow. Thank you ALL for your very kind comments!! Barb
I will push your buttons--please pass me your switchblades first.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Barb...Arrived today, safe & sound. I LOVE it! Thank you!

thom

Post by thom »

I have a 13" Ram's Horn flatguard AGA with that same grind blade. Also 2013.
Thom
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

A beauty Thom. I'd say 2013 MUST have been the year for this grind. I'm just surprised, out of the (now) 18 that I have, none have this grind but this new one from Barb. That's including the very first prototypes. I'm so glad to add it.

barshoo

Post by barshoo »

I'm so glad that you like it, Chris!! It's a BEAUTY, isn't it? Did you get as many TEXTS from the Postal Service as I got EMAILS??? If you did, I'm really sorry about that!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
barshoo

Post by barshoo »

thom wrote:I have a 13" Ram's Horn flatguard AGA with that same grind blade. Also 2013.
Thom

That's a BEAUTIFUL flatguard that you picked up, Thom! You can pick up some "Goo Gone" from just about any store, and I recommend it...It really dresses up your horn scales. Just look at what it did for Jules Vane's new knife up above! It's primary purpose is to remove adhesives. I learned that trick from Rick Giroux... :D :D
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

barshoo wrote:I'm so glad that you like it, Chris!! It's a BEAUTY, isn't it? Did you get as many TEXTS from the Postal Service as I got EMAILS??? If you did, I'm really sorry about that!! :oops: :oops: :oops:
lol...Gee Barb, I didn't get one text. But...It's ALL good!

barshoo

Post by barshoo »

If there is a "next time" I'll put down your email address so that you see where your package is going along the way...or NOT, if you don't want the notifications.