WTB: Display stand

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arlen

WTB: Display stand

Post by arlen »

I am searching for a display stand for my 11" knives. Seems that I find only a few dealers who offer a stand: 3Knives, Laguiole, Grindworx, and a couple more. I prefer the looks of the 3Knives stand but am wondering if there are other offerings on the market.
What do you fellers use?
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Re: WTB: Display stand

Post by JulesVane »

arlen, if you ever consider a display case (contrary to a stand), I have purchased 3 from www.customdisplays.com they build them to order. But really a great way to present your collection IMO. (Also keeps dust off).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
arlen

Post by arlen »

Well, yes I have expanded my search to knife collector's display cabinets.
Does anyone use the CASTLECREEK Collector's Cabinet Display Case? Is it of any good quality?
Do you know anything about these, Chris?

Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm not really familiar with that specific one arlen. Looks well built and sturdy. Depends on whether you want to display your collection or rather keep them more private in a drawer type case. One "problem" (if you will) with my suggestion, is if you host much company ie. the type you'd rather not see your collection lol. My wife recently "requested" I move mine from our living room to the bedroom. Can't say I blame her lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
arlen

Post by arlen »

Well, I ordered the CASTLECREEK Collector's Cabinet Display Case made by Sportsmans Guide. For a hundred bucks, shipped, a feller can't go too far wrong. It won't ship until after 25 June, so maybe it might arrive around the 4th of July. (Surely, I am a patient man!) Wish that it had a lock & key mechanism, but that would more than double its cost, I guess.
Regards,
arlen
thom

Post by thom »

Arlen, I have this one in black. I love it. I little more money, but holds a lot of knives. Believe me you will fill it before you know it,
Thom
https://www.ebay.com/i/271135745738?ul_noapp=true
arlen

Post by arlen »

I looked at that chest and it is handsome. The dimensions of the drawers was the thing that I was concerned with. I am wanting to store my knives with the blades open, which requires quite a bit of room. Other than this concern, I would be the proud owner of that chest.

Sportsman's Guide notified me the day before yesterday that my chest pictured above has shipped. This is quite a bit earlier than indicated on their website. Hopefully I will be in possession of it next week.
Regards,
arlen
thom

Post by thom »

There is 14 on top display, could probably squeeze 1 or 2 more. The bottom drawer is the same. The middle 4 drawers will not store 11" in complete open position. I store half open knives in the middle 4 drawers. Or you can store anything 10" and smaller in the smaller drawers.
Don't get me wrong, I love the case you picked. But you will fill it fast. I was thinking of your next case. lol
Thom

arlen

Post by arlen »

Now that's not fair. I have not near that wonderful of a collection.
Regards,
arlen
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great looking display.
DonC
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

Over the years I have used a variety of stands and cases, some of the cases, smaller ones I probably won't use but they also would probably be too expensive to ship for what they are, later perhaps, if anyone wants to see them I could post a picture or two. I also even made a stand out of glass, the Excalibur idea. However, as far as small individual stands go I think I might have a few extra, provided I can find them. They are simple but work for most things. The picture isn't great but shows enough to get an idea. I forget where I got them from but they weren't very expensive.

Ok I posted my old display room where you can see the variety of cases that I used in the past and then a shot of the glass stand and then the final picture of some small plastic stands.
Attachments
DSCN0638.JPG
DSCN0638.JPG (253.74 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
DSCN1383.JPG
DSCN1383.JPG (404.86 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
DSCN1110.JPG
DSCN1110.JPG (428.8 KiB) Viewed 4205 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
thom

Post by thom »

Holy Cow. Now that is an impressive display/collection!!
Thom
arlen

Post by arlen »

Received my cabinet today and am about to open the box. I will most probably be very happy with the CASTLECREEK Collector's Cabinet Display Case.

Yep, unpacked the display case and it is wonderful. Now I have to fill it up somehow.
Regards,
arlen
thom

Post by thom »

Arlen, Let's see some pictures w/knives.
Thom
DonC

Post by DonC »

Great looking display room.
DonC