WTB: 11" bayonet blade, black acrylic stiletto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arlen

WTB: 11" bayonet blade, black acrylic stiletto

Post by arlen »

Would like to buy a 28cm bayonet blade stiletto (Latama or F Beltrame) with black acrylic or ebony wood handle. Factory edge blade. I have little interest in the gold plated blade or tactical models.
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Re: WTB: 11" bayonet blade, black acrylic stiletto

Post by JulesVane »

...hard to believe, I've looked in my "usual" places, and for such a classic piece that you'd think would be everywhere, can be found nowhere lol. Amazing! Will be looking though.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

Here is a dagger blade. I know some people have had problems with this site. Not me. I have bought several knives with no problems. He will give a discount if you pay by check/cash. 30% is not unusual, just email ask for price paying by check with your zip. The Walt's have 5mm blades and nickel silver bolsters. They are really nice knives and I think you will like the dagger blade.
https://autoknife.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4864
Thom
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Be careful with autoknife.

I too have needed (wanted) a black acrylic like the movies, and managed to score a 9'' bayo by Frank B a few years ago on sharperdeals, you could try contacting Sara but she takes a while to respond if they're busy....

....which leads me to point you to contact Walt from Latama.net who will be receiving a pretty sizeable order of 9'' half-grinds (pretty similar to bayo) from Frank within the next couple weeks! and yep, black acrylic is one of the options!

Good luck :)

Luke
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I got one from Rick G, FB 11" flat grind acrylic. Not for sale though.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Go to Sharperdeals and find "Super Great Horn AKC Swing and that is Rick. I have only bought one knife from him with no problems.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

9" swing I meant.
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

I shared your desire for the simple black acrylic with the bayonet blade. Got these from Frank quite a few years ago. Good luck in your quest.
Attachments
DSCN1183.JPG
DSCN1183.JPG (226.64 KiB) Viewed 3659 times
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

...there's just something about that classic look...great trio Markco!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
arlen

Post by arlen »

Now that's what I am talking about! Do you reckon that a manufacturer would make a custom knife scaled in black acrylic upon special request?
Regards,
arlen
DonC

Post by DonC »

A while back I put together a set of FB dagger blade knives in ascending length and contacted Jeremy to have them all converted to black acrylic scales.
He did his usual stellar work on creating a matched set.
This was a "just for the heck of it" project and it turned out well.
DonC
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

arlen wrote:Now that's what I am talking about! Do you reckon that a manufacturer would make a custom knife scaled in black acrylic upon special request?
I wish I could offer you more hope in that arlen, but super doubtful. I've been on the look out for you, and the closest is in dark horn. But, any hint of cream colored streaks is going to throw off the look. One thought would be to purchase the 11" Stiletto and ask if one of the many talents here can rescale it for you. Just a thought, as we continue the search.
EDIT: DonC and I must have posted at the same time. It's a good idea. They look great DonC!

arlen

Post by arlen »

I have looked at Frank Beltrame .pdf catalogue and he has offered this knife in the past. I am now irritating Sara with emails requesting instructions on how I might obtain a 11" bayonet scaled with black plastic.
I imagine that what is available is solely dependent on what our U.S. importers/distributors request, so I have asked a couple of distributors to order one of these for me. This may not happen because I have not requested a gross quantity of this model. But I can request.
Regards,
arlen
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Barry Adams use to have them.....He has the solid white now:

http://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/pr ... ts_id=3698

See what he can do
MarkT93Cobra

Post by MarkT93Cobra »

I have an 11” black bayo Renzo Beltrame