SOLD - SWB Forum Annuals

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ILikeStilettos

SOLD - SWB Forum Annuals

Post by ILikeStilettos »

ptw014022026n1.jpg
ptw014022026n1.jpg (96.69 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
ptw014022026n2.jpg
ptw014022026n2.jpg (109.91 KiB) Viewed 1572 times
I am liquidating a couple of collections for friends who are no longer into automatics (or Tequiza, who moved out of country.) Since many guys seem to buy a theme, there are often pairs or triplets of knives. Some of these are etched as tributes to friends that have passed, so that may or may not be of interest to you. Some I know to be clones, others I believe to be genuine, but I am honestly trying not to misrepresent anything. Any of us can be fooled. Therefore, if I seem to be in the dark about something, please point that out and I will endeavor to correct. Typically I am saying, “Best Offer.” This means that you should reach out to me via PM. Obviously, I will bundle items or deal with things one at a time. First come first served. I will assume that the offer includes low-end domestic (USA) shipping, if you want something special; tell me, and that will be extra. I will not pay fees, so the offer is net to me. I am listing these items through multiple channels. If I can’t immediately accept an offer I will communicate a waiting period and then accept. My preference is reasonable offers that I can accept immediately.

From the defunct Switchblade Forum (gone before I knew it had existed) is a triplet of Armando Beltrame 9-1/2” leverlocks. The 2005 is brass and really nice stag, the 2006 is NS and great Brazilian, and the 2007 is NS with some really nice dark wood (maybe Palisander?)
Last edited by ILikeStilettos on Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: SWB Forum Annuals

Post by natcherly »

The forum was Stilettos Without Buttons, thus SWB. Its founder, screen name Claudester, was a big fan of these knives; although, there was plenty of discussion on the buttoned type as well. As often happens, the founder tired of running the forum plus he discovered a growing interest on his part in various kinds of firearms.

The forum was very supportive of the Forum Knife concept, and worked with SKM and other makers to get some exceptional pieces.

Talkblade at one time was also into forum knives. One of the last of these was a custom ProTech Godfather with highly polished blade and black horn scales. A modern take on the classic Italian stiletto.
ILikeStilettos

Re: SWB Forum Annuals

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Thanks, Dave, for the explanation and history. I just sold a special Pro-Tech like that.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
whippersnapper

Re: SOLD - SWB Forum Annuals

Post by whippersnapper »

These were a nice set and fairly rare pattern.