WTB: 11" or 10" Stilleto picklock ivory

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
arlen

WTB: 11" or 10" Stilleto picklock ivory

Post by arlen »

I am interested in purchasing an Itallian 11" (or 10"+) Stiletto, picklock or swivel bolster, bayonet blade, with ivory handle (faux, or mastadon, or mammoth, etc.). Antique switchblades are currently outside my knowledge base, so a modern quality knife in excellent condition, tight, unused, unsharpened is what I am looking for.
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Re: WTB: 11" or 10" Stilleto picklock ivory

Post by JulesVane »

Hi arlen...were you just looking for a "2nd hand" one, or new? https://www.3knives.com/en/product/1923 ... b-iiv.html

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
arlen

Post by arlen »

I have been looking high and low for that knife! I had been on every online store and spent hours looking. How that knife eluded me, I do not know. Thank you very much for finding it.

I went to purchase this item and have never seen such a rigamarole with the payment. I gave my card info and then it brought up PayPal and I completed that, then they said I needed my credit card activated or something to that effect. I have used this card for years!

I'll give another try and see if I can make sense of what is going on.
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

lol...my first "international purchase" with my card had problems too. After a few purchases, my cc company probably just says: "Cleared" lol. They are use to it now.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
arlen

Post by arlen »

They ask me to pay more than once. I clicked paypay and everything seems OK. They immediately i get a phone call from Wells Fargo asking about the last 4 transactions.
Now the online store brings up a page asking again for my credit card information for paypal. "Web Payment Frontend" they call it. This is a very bad way to conduct a transaction. I still have the page open and am not inclined to enter my card information since they have already been connected to PayPal.
The phone call a while ago already mentioned AGA Camploin. How do I know when I have completed the purchase?
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

You'll get the confirmation from the website that your order went through (payment). I never got/get directed to PayPal. If you have/had your cc company on the phone, just tell them to clear the final 1 transaction and cancel any previous.

arlen

Post by arlen »

3knives said my transaction failed. 3Knives is wanting me to enter another credit card. This smells extremely fishy. My credit card is extremely good--too good sometimes. I now wonder if they have glommed my card and I will now be in great debt?
Regards,
arlen
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

PM sent

arlen

Post by arlen »

Success! I let my brain settle a bit today at the office and again tried the purchase. I carefully navigated the purchase trail this time. I am as happy as can be.
Regards,
arlen
DonC

Post by DonC »

When I first started trying to order from 3knives I ran into the same type of problems but that has settled down lately. I think the problem was with the way they had the site set up. Congrats on hanging in there to get the purchase completed.
DonC
arlen

Post by arlen »

Well, I hope that a capo di tuttu capi does not abscond with my new stiletto a some point in shipping and appropriate it to some caporegime's picciotto. :shock:
Regards,
arlen
thom

Post by thom »

In case it is snatched by customs, here is another.
http://nicnac.net/contents/en-us/p348.html
Thom
arlen

Post by arlen »

Thanks for the heads-up but I believe that my knife will be available for pick up on Friday. I will post a couple of pics whenever I have it in hand.
Regards,
arlen
arlen

Post by arlen »

My Frank Baltrame 28cm, bayonet, swivel bolster, faux ivory has arrived and it is a nice knife.

Regards,
arlen
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Glad you found what you wanted, nice knife.
2024 candidate for president