WTB: Renzo Pascotto-made Wasp-Body Flatguard - Pics Added

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Corvus

Re: WTB: Renzo Pascotto-made Wasp-Body Flatguard

Post by Corvus »

I noticed that, too. Either BHQ got the specs wrong or, as you noticed, they're erroneously showing the 2016 flatguard but actually selling the 2017 Classic. I'll post a followup in this thread when it arrives. A picture is worth a thousand words...unless it's the wrong picture. :|
thom

Post by thom »

please let us know, if they have anymore I may pick one up. good price
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'm sure it's a tough job with their inventory/stock, but both sites are loaded with description errors.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

thom wrote:please let us know, if they have anymore I may pick one up. good price
I'll do that as soon as it arrives so you guys can grab one if it turns out to the be the flatguard we're looking for. Arlen should have his first, so hopefully he'll chime in, too.
arlen

Post by arlen »

The knife I received this morning is the AGA Flatguard Picklock of December 2016, number 18/150 (65 pieces of Brazilian cow horn). It is quite a beautiful knife, nice and tight, and works snappily.
Sorry I snagged this knife from someone else. I am very lucky to have done so, though, as I probably would not have purchased such a knife otherwise. Sure beats the cheap Chinese knives that I knew as a kid. A colleague at the office was associated with the Mexican knives in his youth and he was insistent that the quality of the Mexican knives were far superior to the Chinese type. I'll have to check that out.
Regards,
arlen
Corvus

Re: WTB: Renzo Pascotto-made Wasp-Body Flatguard - Pics Added

Post by Corvus »

It was New Knife Day and there was much rejoicing to be had. I asked BHQ to look for a straight one and they came through. The scales on this one appear consistent with the old European cutler's preference for hafting their stag with the 'show' slab on the reverse side, though I for one am glad that the practice doesn't carry over to bovine horn.

These are still showing IN Stock, so get em' while the gettin's good.

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Congrats! Looks really great! Love to hear and see all went well.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks, JV. I'm very pleased the knife, and the, er...adventure that led to its arrival was a great introduction to this excellent forum. I really appreciate how helpful and knowledgeable you guys have been. This place is a goldmine of information and enthusiasm for us traditional Italian stiletto noobs.
DonC

Post by DonC »

Good looking knife. I've got a goodly number of AGA pieces and I've been lucky enough not to have gotten a clunker in the bunch.
Sounds like you're on your way.
DonC
thom

Post by thom »

I just ordered one. I hope mine is as nice as yours.
Thom
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Thanks guys, and good luck Thom.

FWIW, AZCK had five of these stag flatguards listed last year, all previously owned and long gone, but their high rez archival pics will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect from this run as far as stag quality and F&F are concerned. I'd say mine's an average example.

Scroll down to the middle of the page:
https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/ind ... d+picklock+
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Wow, they were going as low as $195? That's the lowest price I've ever seen. I'm sure those sold quick!

Corvus

Post by Corvus »

One horn-handled flatguard showing back in stock if anyone's interested: https://www.bladehq.com/item--AGA-Campo ... tic--67472
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:I just ordered one. I hope mine is as nice as yours.
Thom
...just wondering thom, did yours ever arrive yet?

thom

Post by thom »

JulesVane, Yes it did arrive. I am really happy with it. Fires hard, nice and tight lock up and feels great in hand. Scales are very nice and gnarly. Those 11" AGA's are one of my favs.