WTB: Renzo Pascotto-made Wasp-Body Flatguard - Pics Added

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Corvus

WTB: Renzo Pascotto-made Wasp-Body Flatguard - Pics Added

Post by Corvus »

Got one! Thanks guys.
Last edited by Corvus on Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ILikeStilettos

Re: WTB: Renzo Pascotto-made Wasp-Body Flatguard

Post by ILikeStilettos »

You mean a Campolin or Walt's Latama, or one with Renzo's anvil stamp?
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Hey, Dave. I was thinking of a 2016 Campolin, but any of the above will do, as long as it's tight and straight, though I'm not particularly into filework. I had an AGA in my sights yesterday, but it was gone before the seller replied to my query.

Thanks.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I would like an 11'' pascotto anvil or sun stamp :o
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
thom

Post by thom »

Me too. Autoknife has a stag handle. You could have the scales replaced, then you have to find the horn you want, no easy task.
Link to stag: https://autoknife.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=43
Please buy it before I do. They are really nice, I have two 11"er and I wish I had more.
Thom
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

thom wrote:Please buy it before I do.
So you can hear my horror story of dealing with roadsideimports afterwards? As entertaining as it is hearing about others who've fallen into his money traps, I'd rather not be one of them :P

It is intriguing to see just how many Walt's he's bought out in the last year or so... it's almost like he's trying to corner the market on them... :?
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
thom

Post by thom »

I guess I have been lucky. I have bought maybe 2 knives from him without problem. Although you are not the first one I have heard bad things about that site. I did have one problem, he was slow in confirming my order. I sent him a couple emails with no response. When he finally did respond it was rather rude.
He really does have a lot of Walt's. What's up with that?
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

I have tried talking (nicely) to above mentioned dealer and he was an ass**** to me. Called me names and such. He will NEVER have my business and I have pretty much told him so.
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

Corvus, check out Latham's vintage knives. He has all kinds of stuff. No, I am not a shill.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote: I had an AGA in my sights yesterday, but it was gone before the seller replied to my query.

Thanks.
lol...It's one hard to learn lesson about this hobby. I'm familiar with the piece you're referring to as we discussed in another thread. When we think maybe we ran across a hard to find piece that nobody else has apparently noticed, hesitate for a moment to catch our breath and think about the purchase, decide to go for it, and IT'S GONE! It's happened to me over & over. Saw a piece at auction just listed the other night. Took less than 5 minutes thinking "She's going to kill me!". Decided the purchase was worth the beating (lol), went to place the buy out price, and it too was GONE! Certainly can be a fast moving, split second experience. Damn disease! lol (This also has a negative effect on the wallet lol).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
Scotchman

Post by Scotchman »

It's like I tell my girlfriend, you have to get something when the getting is good, or you could lose out on it. For an example, Menseffects had a Frank's limited Ed. humpback. The price was up pretty good and I would have been short for the month, but at least I would have had the knife.
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

I've been lucky enough to collect quite a few Pascotto, Renzo anvil sunburst stamps, and oddly, they seemed to come through at a bit lower price than the equivalent AGA's and significantly less than Walt's Latamas. I always thought that they were very underappreciated. Renzo is now mid-70's and producing very few (if any) knives. You will also see at least three variations of his stamp, and on production as well as prototype knives. Some have no special markings, but turn out to be 1 of 1 runs. John has two of those and I have one. Recently I saw a member offering two of Renzo's doubles for sale. John has one of each. I have neither, because at approximately $900 and $1100 they were out of my reach. The seller wanted $1700 and $2500. I think he was testing the waters rather than offering them for actual sale. I can appreciate him saying, "Here's my crazy money price if you REALLY want it!"

So whatever crazy price you see, it's probably not so crazy. A few decades ago you could buy a '63 split window coupe for $4K .... now they're ballpark $200K. You could get a Picasso or Dali for $10-20K, now they're in the M range. Grab up those Renzo's, they ain't going down.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
Corvus

Post by Corvus »

Hey guys, I appreciate all your help. Sorry I wasn't able to reply more promptly. Don't ya hate it when real life interferes with your compulsive knife-hording obsession?

I ended up compromising a bit and ordering a stag version from the same site that had the horn-handled knife - a bird in the hand, and all that. As of this moment, they appear to have more in stock, and they're $35 less than autoknife.com is asking: https://www.bladehq.com/item--AGA-Campo ... tic--67468

Speaking of the autoknife/etc. guy, I purchased a Bat Paladin OTF from him a few years back, long after Andy Xu was sold out, and it arrived promptly in good condition so I have no firsthand gripes. I have read the horror stories on various knife boards, so I hesitate to give him my business unless it's a last resort.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Corvus wrote:

I ended up compromising a bit and ordering a stag version from the same site that had the horn-handled knife - a bird in the hand, and all that. As of this moment, they appear to have more in stock, and they're $35 less than autoknife.com is asking: https://www.bladehq.com/item--AGA-Campo ... tic--67468
This is another great find at a super great price. I'm not sure why both sites call it a 2018 model, but I'm very sure it's the LE 2016 one. I'm so glad you grabbed it.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

I am confused?? the link to bladehq shows a wasp body with flat guards, but the ones I have are 5mm blade and spring. In the description on the link it is 3.5mm blade. Is it one of the new classics?? They are 4mm blade, but not flatguards.