WTB Edgeco Blue, Green, Red, or White Pearl Handled Stiletto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
jordiway73

WTB Edgeco Blue, Green, Red, or White Pearl Handled Stiletto

Post by jordiway73 »

Just like the title says, if you have one for sale let me know thanks.
JulesVane

Re: WTB Edgeco Blue, Green, Red, or White Pearl Handled Stiletto

Post by JulesVane »

I've been a bit confused about "Edgeco.". I bought some stilettos in kit form from The Edge Company (Edge Co.) located in Vermont back in 1980 or so. But, I've read about Edgeco Italy (I believe). Which one is which and which are you in search of? (Assuming they are 2 different places, thus my confusion).

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jordiway73

Post by jordiway73 »

Edge Company from Vermont.

sprink

Post by sprink »

I have a green one , it has E.D.C on tang is that the same ? Not sure if i want to sell right now but what are you offering?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I'd be interested to know current values as well. I gave away 3 of the 4 that I bought in the early '80's to some very ungrateful friends that could have cared less. A question: How can the difference be told on whether a piece was sold by The Edge Company compared to any other Asian piece? The screw pivot pin and nail nick are common on so many. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Italian-Styl ... 1438.l2649
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vtg-Rostfrei-I ... SwPoZav9rA

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
jordiway73

Post by jordiway73 »

I am not sure about E.D.C. the only pics I could find on the internet look like this. They sold for $30 so I think $100 would be fair unless of course you had one still brand new in the box. Do you have any pictures of the E.D.C. knife?

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Now...Isn't that the Edgeco Italy version? I thought you wanted The Edge Company from Vermont that was in business long ago(?) Didn't they only sell the Asian kits? The catalog pieces you posted are $20 Asian pieces. Now you're talking about a totally different animal https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-Vintage-E ... Swju9ah1Fo

JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Here's mine, the only one I have left bought from The Edge Company in Vermont in 1980-83. Clearly stamped Taiwan on the back tang.
...But, it's nice that you grabbed a pic from eBay of a $400 knife and offered $100 for it...lol

jordiway73

Post by jordiway73 »

The knife I grabbed the pic from was not the knife I was asking to buy, I was just using the pic as reference. So no I'm not trying to get a $400 knife for $100.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Believe me, I may be the one that’s confused about The Edge Company from Vermont and Edgeco Italy. But, the Vermont mail order store in the ‘80’s sold cheap Asian kits that you put together yourself. The pic you found was of a quality knife from Italy. So, like I originally posted, I’m confused on which is which.

jordiway73

Post by jordiway73 »

The knife in that auction has the Edge Vermont logo on it.

Last edited by jordiway73 on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I have a blue and a stag model that I know came from the Edgeco catalog because I bought them myself back in the day. The stag is from Italy and the blue is from Taiwan. The blue tang is stamped with 440 stainless over Taiwan. EDGECO isn't on there at all. The stag knife is tang stamped EDGECO over stainless on the front and ITALY over stainless on the back. They were simple to put together. I just had to press the pin in to hold the spring and screw down the blade. I can't remember what I paid but I do remember the stag knife set me back at a time when I was only making a couple hundred bucks a week and busting my butt to make it. I only have a couple pics to show so you'll have to take my word for it.
EDGCOKitknife.jpg
EDGCOKitknife.jpg (15.59 KiB) Viewed 5856 times
Last edited by wazu013 on Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I guess back when I bought the 4 I got from them (I was about 16), I only had the funds to even look at the $20 kits. I was an ONYX member for buying the 4. I had no idea (memory) of them selling higher-end pieces, but I just learned (or, re-learned) something new. None of the 4 I bought were stamped anything about Edgeco. My confusion is now pretty much solved.

wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

JulesVane wrote:I guess back when I bought the 4 I got from them (I was about 16), I only had the funds to even look at the $20 kits. I was an ONYX member for buying the 4. I had no idea (memory) of them selling higher-end pieces, but I just learned (or, re-learned) something new. None of the 4 I bought were stamped anything about Edgeco. My confusion is now pretty much solved.
I lived in Buffalo, NY then. It was the only way to get a switch. The Edge catalog was a cool deal for me. It went right in my bathroom (reading room) as soon as it came in the mail.
“The difference between involvement and commitment is like ham and eggs. The chicken is involved; the pig is committed.”
wazu013

Post by wazu013 »

I found an old pic of the rear tang of the stag knife.
068.JPG
068.JPG (339.63 KiB) Viewed 5850 times
027.JPG
027.JPG (973.04 KiB) Viewed 5849 times