*SOLD*: 2 Hubertus Pieces

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

*SOLD*: 2 Hubertus Pieces

Post by JulesVane »

As eBay removed my listing, these 2 items remain for sale or trade. The 7" Guardian and The 8" 12 CM Model. Both have a blade peak issue (see photos). Both function as intended. Asking $150 each OBO. Also, willing to trade for the right Italian Switchblade(s). Please PM with offers or possible trades. If having trouble with posting pics of trades, my email is julesvane666@gmail.com...Thanks...Chris

Last edited by JulesVane on Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
MarkT93Cobra

Re: 2 Hubertus Pieces

Post by MarkT93Cobra »

Trade you my 8 inch swinguard for the Guardian?
JulesVane

Re: 2 Hubertus Pieces

Post by JulesVane »

MarkT93Cobra wrote:Trade you my 8 inch swinguard for the Guardian?
...I sure would have Mark.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
sharpslash1

Re: Removed: 2 Hubertus Pieces

Post by sharpslash1 »

Chris, I didn't know you could list switchblades on e-bay I thought they were banned?
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

sharpslash1 wrote:Chris, I didn't know you could list switchblades on e-bay I thought they were banned?
I myself, listed them as leverlocks, but I see many listings directly saying switchblade. I'm not exactly sure how the sellers get past the rules.

Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

JulesVane wrote:
sharpslash1 wrote:Chris, I didn't know you could list switchblades on e-bay I thought they were banned?
I myself, listed them as leverlocks, but I see many listings directly saying switchblade. I'm not exactly sure how the sellers get past the rules.
in my experience, the epic shortage of legit auto knives on ebay makes the demand fairly high among the normies who are unaware of sites like this, bladeauction, and sharperdeals. This demand causes pieces to sell within hours and often for inflated prices, too. This doesn't allow time for ebay to catch up to it and pull the listing, but making a week-long auction is bound to be pulled before the 7 days are up, whether some mod notices it, or a whitenight squeals. I guess if you're not worried about getting strikes against your account it's an ok way to offload something quick that would otherwise take several months worth of relistings at sharperdeals. You'll make a few dollars more too...
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Last week on Ebay there were two K 108 Korean OTFs that were BIN for $149 each....sold in two days.....A 1970s 11" standard blade stiletto was on for 7 days and sold for over $200!
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I've seen a few autos on eBay where the pics. were taken on the back side so the button wasn't shown. If you weren't looking for an auto you may get a surprise when your package arrived.
2024 candidate for president
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I've noticed that Ebay has pretty much stopped removing autos. A few months ago, stuff didn't stay up for more than a day at most.
If you weren't looking for an auto you may get a surprise when your package arrived.
Lol, I wonder if that has ever happened.
lance

Post by lance »

[quote="JimBrown257"]I've noticed that Ebay has pretty much stopped removing autos. A few months ago, stuff didn't stay up for more than a day at most.
I sure hope thats the case.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I wouldn't worry about yours. Ebay almost never removes Hubertuses unless the seller actually uses the word "switchblade" in the description.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

JimBrown257 wrote:I wouldn't worry about yours. Ebay almost never removes Hubertuses unless the seller actually uses the word "switchblade" in the description.
Well, with 2 days to go on eBay and the bids going favorably, eBay removed my listing and reminded me of the rules. They also asked me not to relist them. During the 5 days they were up, I had around 7 switchblades in my watch list. Some made it through to a sale and some just disappeared. I was wondering why the seller would remove them as the bids seemed to going well. Now, I realize it wasn't the seller, it was the site. I did use the term Leverlock, but not Switchblade. Not sure if that was my downfall(?). Oh well...51% Irish with 0% luck...LOL!

sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

I guess some sellers assume that if you know what you're looking for they don't have to tell you exactly what the knife is. I've seen some Ganzo automatics but they weren't listed as auto. Just a guess.
2024 candidate for president
JulesVane

Re: Re-Listed: 2 Hubertus Pieces

Post by JulesVane »

Items have been re-listed here for sale or trade

JimBrown257

Re: Re-Listed: 2 Hubertus Pieces

Post by JimBrown257 »

I don't mean to cast any suspicions but it sounds like a case of a high bidder having second thoughts and looking for a way out.