Frank Beltrame value? With Pictures

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
thom

Frank Beltrame value? With Pictures

Post by thom »

I have two Frank Beltrame Stilettos. One is a Signature Series pick lock in dark horn. New condition. When closed it is not dead center, but does not touch. The other is a Limited Edition hump back with purplish/grey scales. Hard to describe, but are beautiful, never seen anything like it. It is also in new condition.
Wondering what the value are on these pieces. Have not seen any for sale, so not sure of value.
Thanks

Pictures below.
Last edited by thom on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Frank Beltrame value?

Post by natcherly »

We need more info, especially pictures.
thom

Post by thom »

Please give me your email, and I will send pictures. Just saw that PVK had a Signature Series exactly like mine that sold for $999. He had 3 that sold for that price. Seems high to me. I didn't pay near that.
Thanks,
thom

Post by thom »

Here is more info. The Signature Limited Series has nickel silver bolsters, pick lock. Blade has Frank's signature on dagger blade and Limited Edition 100/2014 on front tang. Back has in script "Italy"
The humpback is also nickel silver bolsters with Franks signature in script on front tang, and "limited Edition" N62/2012 on back. I guess it would be called a dark horn. The back is dark horn, but the front is hard to describe. Brownish, purplish, grayish.
I can send photos thru email
thom

Post by thom »

thom

Post by thom »

pics of humpback
thom

Post by thom »

JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Those Humpbacks usually retail up to $200 but when they are listed places like here or the auction site they are usually around $150.

They have notorious getting-stuck-closed issues so a lot of people are leery of them.
thom

Post by thom »

picture of Signature Series picklock. Not same knife but identical to this one
JimBrown257

Re: Frank Beltrame value? With Pictures

Post by JimBrown257 »

I'm going to go ahead and say that no one has every paid a thousand dollars for that knife. It's nice to be sure but not $1000 nice. It's just a FB picklock with NS bolsters and modern button set-up. It would probably go for the same price as the humpback.
thom

Post by thom »

Agreed. I didn't pay any where close to that, but check this link. http://www.pvk.vegas/Frank-Beltrame-28C ... horn-s.htm

What would the value be for the Humpback be.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

thom wrote:Agreed. I didn't pay any where close to that, but check this link. http://www.pvk.vegas/Frank-Beltrame-28C ... horn-s.htm
That price is meaningless as they have none to sell.
thom wrote:What would the value be for the Humpback be.
I think JB answered this pretty clearly. I agree with his valuations on these knives and his observations as to the humper.
omega

Post by omega »

Thom,

The FB Ltd pick would likely be in the $250-$300 range, assuming you could find one. PVK's $999 price is pure horseshit. For that sort of money, we're getting very close to a new Burn - and there's a huge difference in build quality.

The FB Ltd Humpback would be in the $150-200 range, again assuming you could find one. Your particular knife (that used to live here) has some very unusual scales and might command a little more from a collector that liked that scale variant. But... at the end of the day, those are still just bovine horn scales.

Rarity doesn't really come into play (yet) in pricing, since the knives are pretty recent and there will likely be more built as FB ages towards retirement. Once Frank finally croaks, values on your pieces MIGHT increase a bit, but don't bet the farm on it. Prices on Angelo Campolin (Sr.)'s knives haven't really climbed as much as some would have thought.

Just my humble opinion, you mileage could vary.
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

thom wrote:What would the value be for the Humpback be.
Lol, I think we both posted at the same time and my first post got lost above the second. I usually see $150 here and $200 retail. It's a cool knife. If you were looking to trade it for anything let me know.
omega

Post by omega »

BTW, Thom,
Those scales on that humpback had some sort of property wherein they looked very different, depending on the lighting, shadows, etc. Until that piece fell into my hands, I had never seen those colors in bovine horn. Originally, there were two knives like that and I bought them both. The twin to yours is still here, alive and well and not for sale.

I had a miserable time taking those photos, as I could never get the lighting right, and the knife would clash with the background unless you were taking the pic using a neutral gray background. Every time I would take it out to photograph it, it looked different than all the prior efforts.

I have a feeling that would be one you would want to hold on to, rather than sell.