WTB: Walt's flatguard(s)

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
ljerr2

WTB: Walt's flatguard(s)

Post by ljerr2 »

Hi. New to this forum and collecting Walt's Classic Latama knives. I got my hands on a few and am looking for some true Walt's flatguards in 9 or 11" with horn scales to add to my collection.
Anybody have any they'd be willing to part with or suggestions where to look to find them?

Thanks.
JL
Bill DeShivs
Yes.

Re: WTB: Walt's flatguard(s)

Post by Bill DeShivs »

Walt has some a www.latama.net
Bill DeShivs, Master Cutler
http://www.billdeshivs.com
Factory authorized repairs for:
Latama, Mauro Mario, LePre, Colonial, Kabar, Flylock, Schrade Cut Co., Presto, Press Button, Hubertus, Grafrath, Kuno Ritter knives, Puma, Burrell Cutlery.
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Hi Bill - thanks for the reply. I checked with Walt and he doesn't have any flatguards at the moment. He was generous enough to sell me a flatguard prototype a short time ago that I understand you created! It is a gem and I wish I had a dozen more like it!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hi JL, Please feel free to post lots of pics of your Walt's Classic collection in the Blade Pictures forum. I'm sure many of us would love to see them!

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Jules - Thanks for the invitation to post pics. I'll try to make some time soon to do that. :)
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

ljerr2 wrote:Hi Bill - thanks for the reply. I checked with Walt and he doesn't have any flatguards at the moment. He was generous enough to sell me a flatguard prototype a short time ago that I understand you created! It is a gem and I wish I had a dozen more like it!
I wasn't aware that Bill was involved with the Walt's Flatguard which saw the light of day some 13 years ago.

Bill, can you provide more details? This is some history that needs preserving. Someone will no doubt write a book covering the modern Italian switchblades, and these details will assist in that research.
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

I hope I haven't spilled any proverbial beans by bringing it up. If I have, I sincerely apologize.
Even though I just acquired it recently, I would be willing to sell it if anyone is interested. The asking price is currently $1 million!!!!! :D
Thank you to Walt for letting me acquire this piece (by the way, he is a super nice guy to talk to).
Here is a pic, which I will plan to post to the pics forum later on, with my other Walt's beauties. This has to be the sexiest knife ever made and done so very perfectly in execution. When I think of seeing Italian stilettos as a boy, this is what I remember. I love the bayo blade (which is unsharpened like the originals,as I understand it), the real flat guards, the flat button and substantial safety, the list goes on and on........everything about this knife....this work of art............its style............its construction (hats off to Bill)..............it is just perfect. Hopefully I can find some more true flatguards commissioned by Walt to add to my burgeoning Walt's collection.......

As mentioned in the topic of the post, if anyone knows where I can find any of the production run of this model, I am VERY, VERY interested.
IMG_8127 (2).jpg
IMG_8127 (2).jpg (439.55 KiB) Viewed 2964 times
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

'Tis surely a beauty to be proud of! Must be my ageing eyes (or glare of lighting) that I think I see a sharpened edge on this beauty, but I'm obviously wrong about the lighting and correct on my ageing lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

It must be the angle of the picture or the lighting. The blade is completely unsharpened!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Here's a Frank B that I don't see very often...http://www.sharperdeals.net/index.php?m ... guard-stag

ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

Hi JV -
Thanks for the heads up on that one! Really appreciate it.
I'm not a stag kind of guy, but it IS a flatguard and for that price, I kind of HAVE to pull the trigger.................... :)