Wanted: GEC Schrade auto

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
raighan

Wanted: GEC Schrade auto

Post by raighan »

Looking for any of these Sharperdeal exclusive GEC made Schrade autos. Preferably "honey bone" scales (though i would potentially be interested in any version). Thanks.
Attachments
IMG_20170918_003907940 copy.jpg
IMG_20170918_003907940 copy.jpg (639.97 KiB) Viewed 3359 times
TazmanTom

Re: Wanted: GEC Schrade auto

Post by TazmanTom »

I have a reddish/pinkish handled one, no box, I would sell. It looks better than it sounds... Taz
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Seems to me like there was a pass around a number of years ago and that knife was really a nice one. For some reason they didn't last long, maybe it was a limited run.
2024 candidate for president
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

They were done for Sharperd , I think in '09. Don't know how limited. I believe Sharperd had a prototype for sale recently.
raighan

Post by raighan »

TazmanTom wrote:I have a reddish/pinkish handled one, no box, I would sell. It looks better than it sounds... Taz
Is it like the one pictured? Do you know what you'd want for it? I'm not sure if i could justify purchasing more than one of the same scales :)

They had a couple of production runs of different scales over a few years, as i understand it. I think it was a total of 12 scale types. Someone just hooked me up with one of the dark red prototypes, for what seemed like a good deal, hopefully showing up tomorrow. :D
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

This one is a light to medium red, definantly not dark red. I'd have to get $350 for it. I'll dig it out and send a picture later. Taz
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

TazmanTom wrote:They were done for Sharperd , I think in '09. Don't know how limited. I believe Sharperd had a prototype for sale recently.
You're right Tom. I can get back to the auction listing on SDs, but can't see past the main listing. Bob had it listed as: Sharper Deals Exclusive Schrade USA Automatic Knife Brown Swirl- Pre Prototype-Never Made For Public....Looks like the winning bid got it for $500.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

That's the one.
raighan

Post by raighan »

TazmanTom wrote:This one is a light to medium red, definantly not dark red. I'd have to get $350 for it. I'll dig it out and send a picture later. Taz
Sounds like it's probably the same version as the one i have already (in the picture). I'd still love to see a picture of it, if it's not to much trouble.
TazmanTom

Post by TazmanTom »

It's the same, different scales. Sent you PM
raighan

Post by raighan »

TazmanTom wrote:It's the same, different scales. Sent you PM
I didn't get your PM.