(Arrived)Looking For 11" Swinguard White Pearl Handle

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tophatjohnny

(Arrived)Looking For 11" Swinguard White Pearl Handle

Post by tophatjohnny »

Hello.
Thanks to George for the patience and helping me in the venture. I did make that deal happen, so Yes I was and am serious. Just wasn't able to do a lot of internet stuff for a short period there, but once I saw George had a nice knife for me I wasn't slow to react and pay for the beautiful Swinger. Another special thanks to member JimBrown257 who led me to yet another sweet little 9" AKC white pearl swinger. That one was a complete surprise and it is already home with me...great little piece. I now know where my next Swinguard will come from...that will be JimBrown257 as he makes some beautiful knives. I will make room for another custom Swinger and it will come from him. Glad I found this forum, some great folks here.

THJ
Last edited by tophatjohnny on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom19176

Re: Looking For 11" Swinguard White Pearl Handle

Post by Tom19176 »

There are different blade styles too...Bayonet, kriss and standard ( flat). It is funny that white pearlex is hard to find as most of these are made with horn or stag...Good luck!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

I "looked around" myself to no avail. Had no idea this one would be as elusive as appears. One suggestion is to follow SD auctions and possibly alajohn will have some items for sale. Seems this piece might be available through him, as it's his kind of item. But, right now, John has nothing listed. When he does, it's great stuff at great prices by my past experiences with him. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Edit: I was able to contact alajohn and he said he does have 1 Frank B Swinguard left, but in Brazilian horn. Sorry, but no imt. white pearl at this time. I know it's far from what you had in mind, but he said if interested, you could contact him via email: alajohn2@gmail.com

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

I DO BELIVE ''BOSTON JOHN'' OWNS THEM ALL......LOL
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Many years ago Bob T had them in black pearlex too! But that was long ago.....
lance

Post by lance »

I have a couple 11" swingaurds but in stag an blond horn.agajohn or boston john is a good bet
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

[img
PICT0109 (2).jpg
PICT0109 (2).jpg (262.79 KiB) Viewed 4558 times
][/img]I'VE got a 1960's white pearloid 11" that i got from b.tack a few year's ago,anybody heard from bob?-anyway ive never thought about selling it,but i probably would for the right price it's in mintish cond has d-stamped liner for the teeter totter pivot,inox in script stamp on one slde and patent on the obverse,(is that a real word?) swedge blade lemme go find it and take pitchers, ANYBODY KNOW HOW MUCH THESE THINGS GO FOR?gb
Attachments
PICT0109 (2).jpg
Last edited by georgyboy on Tue May 30, 2017 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

georgyboy wrote:I'VE got a 1960's white pearloid 11" that i got from b.tack a few year's ago,anybody heard from bob?-anyway ive never thought about selling it,but i probably would for the right price it's in mintish cond has d-stamped liner for the teeter totter pivot,inox in script stamp on one slde and patent on the obverse,(is that a real word?) swedge blade lemme go find it and take pitchers, ANYBODY KNOW HOW MUCH THESE THINGS GO FOR?gb
white pearl (imitation) 1960's 11" swedge blade d-stamped liners around 200-250 they are kinda rare with them handles , you see lots of stag and horn transitionals but not many imitation pearl
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

METALGOD wrote:
georgyboy wrote:I'VE got a 1960's white pearloid 11" that i got from b.tack a few year's ago,anybody heard from bob?-anyway ive never thought about selling it,but i probably would for the right price it's in mintish cond has d-stamped liner for the teeter totter pivot,inox in script stamp on one slde and patent on the obverse,(is that a real word?) swedge blade lemme go find it and take pitchers, ANYBODY KNOW HOW MUCH THESE THINGS GO FOR?gb
white pearl (imitation) 1960's 11" swedge blade d-stamped liners around 200-250 they are kinda rare with them handles , you see lots of stag and horn transitionals but not many imitation pearl
George has one? Gee, ever since I saw this WTB post, I really started looking for an 11" swinguard in imt. pearl and came to the conclusion that they just don't exist lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

JulesVane wrote:
METALGOD wrote:
George has one? Gee, ever since I saw this WTB post, I really started looking for an 11" swinguard in imt. pearl and came to the conclusion that they just don't exist lol.
[img]
PICT0109 (2).jpg
[/img]
I HAVE EVERYTHING!!!EXECPT good camera
Attachments
PICT0109 (2).jpg
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

tophatjohnny wrote:Hello. new here and thought to give it a try on a nice 11" Swinguard with a white (pearl like) handle. My wife thinks I'm crazy to want one but years ago I did own one and gave it to a friend that envy'd it so there I go, giving it away. Might be a hard one to find?? maybe not. Hoop this is the place or someone here will have mercy on a newbie and steer me to where to purchase one. I looked on the sites that sell auto's with mo luck, even found one on a site that claimed to have the knife until I asked the owner and he had no such knife so I am serious and easy to work with, Thanks in advance either way.

THJ
i send you pm-i have exact knife you want,you name price, if i agree,you get knife,if i dont agree we compmise,you get knife thanks GEORGYBOY PSitry taking good pics for pm
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

They are around for sure. As posted Bob Tack had a bunch of them in different color pearlex. There recently non auto ones around too.....Hope you guys work something out!
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

IM SORRY; i'[ve been trying to pm foto's all day[img]
PICT0127.png
PICT0127.png (330.95 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
[img][/img][/img]
PICT0127.png
PICT0127.png (330.95 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
PICT0133 (2).png
PICT0133 (2).png (233.64 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
Attachments
PICT0142 (2).png
PICT0142 (2).png (238.77 KiB) Viewed 4536 times
Tom19176

Post by Tom19176 »

Bob T has a few listings on Ebay so you may contact him there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Excepti ... 3005683180
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

Tom19176 wrote:Bob T has a few listings on Ebay so you may contact him there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Excepti ... 3005683180
by the wayi have a 60's white pearlex 11" swing guard unless you were just foolin'