(Arrived)Looking For 11" Swinguard White Pearl Handle

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: Looking For 11" Swinguard White Pearl Handle

Post by whippersnapper »

George, the guy hasn't logged in again since the first day he joined. I don't think he was very serious.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

whippersnapper wrote:George, the guy hasn't logged in again since the first day he joined. I don't think he was very serious.
LOL...I was thinking the same thing. A bunch of us trying to help out & locate this elusive item for him, everyone posting on the subject but him! Maybe his wife actually DID have him committed. He posted that she thought he was "crazy"...lol.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

Sorry for the delay. Family took a strange turn and left me in a even stranger place. Sent ya a PM along with my phone number.

Thanks
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

Well, I have replied a few times to the the more than gracious member and hope he at least gets back to me......and I am in no rush as I sure was slow getting back on. With good reason I assure ya all.

Thanks and I am 4 real! Good Night all!

THJ
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hey Johnny. A tad bit concerned about georgyboy myself. Not sure of his logging in habits, but hasn't since August 4th. I'm sure we are all hoping he's okay. I did get an email from Sara Beltrame just the other day (as I was inquiring about another piece), but she DID say they had some swinguards in stock. Didn't say anything more as far as scale material, etc...May I suggest you visit the site and contact them about the swinguard you seek in Imt. Pearl. Sorry to hear about the chaos going on and truly hope things get better. Here's a link to the site while we all hope for georgyboy's return...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... RU9ddbJDvw

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

I started to explain why I wasnt able to check in here and darn near had a book typed out. Somehow it all got wiped out and probably for the best as it was tragic to say the least. Hope and pray George is ok.
I did pick up.a beauty but still want the one George shows. My phone takes pics that produce too large of a file to show here???
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

Thanks JulesVane. that is a cool way to do it. This piece is a beast. 11" 1/2 pound. Made in the USA. Not the Frank B I am after bit this one is definitely the nicest Swinguard I have ever owned or even held in my hands. Still want the Frank as soon as I hear from George I think we will make it happen. Just hope he's ok. Want to hear him play that guitar.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Hey Johnny. Glad Imgur worked out for you to post pics, but we both have Pat (mick17) to thank for that. I would of never even heard of it honestly. Your knife looks great, big time! Your going to have to fill us in on the "Made in the U.S.A" though. Looks pretty custom. Is it a Burn knife or something? Please, tell us about it...

tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

I don't know much about the knife myself. A friend of mine was talking about it as third party gets, and said his buddy bought the knife for his grandfather and the grandfather was going downhill fast so the guy was selling it to recoup his monies. The knife only came with that for a story besides being made by a pro here in the USA? I have had and still do own a Frank Beltrame (stag) but this custom is in a different league all together, as far as quality and feel go. I mean, when you hold it in your hand, you know you are holding a quality beefy piece of steel. The action is night and day smoother than the Frank B's I have owned and puts my current Frank B. to shame. I still love the Frank B. swinguards mainly due to the history. So, I'm still on my initial hunt and after getting the run around from Sara at the Beltrame Empire all summer long, I am about exhausted with it, unless George makes his way back to me here or someone else pops in and happens to have a nice one that they can part with, I'll be just fine with this new addition and bide my time. My hands are so full now, but I will check back as messages don't alert my email, otherwise I would have seen the initial message from George. I don't know him but doesn't mean I'm not praying he's ok because I sure am. Knife or no knife, I wish all nothing but the very best this world has to offer, Thanks for the info on posting pics. The only forum I partake in that doesn't see my photos from my cell phone and I am no tech guy.

Bless All.

THJ
john

Post by john »

TRYKER wrote:I DO BELIVE ''BOSTON JOHN'' OWNS THEM ALL......LOL
Genuine mother of pearl.

I may have one in white acrylic/pearled. I have too many knives, I'll have to go home and check.

The custom flat button is fabulous. Love that blade.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

I'm just waiting on replies from George (hope he is ok) and John. Open to buy either knife if they decide to sell or both if possible. Then I'd have 3 :P

THJ
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

Still looking. PM'd amd emailed member George to no avail.....so guess I'm not the only one that goes MIA here and there. More than a full plate here but still looking. I don't and won't expect one as nice as the one I have already, just a cheap ol Frank B would do the trick!
MarkT93Cobra

Post by MarkT93Cobra »

I have George phone number! I’m gonna call and check on him here shortly! Kinda has me worried
tophatjohnny

Post by tophatjohnny »

I got a message from George and he is fine. I will be speaking with him today and probably make the deal fly. Sometimes we all need to be patient and not assume that someone is not serious when they post as life can throw curves our way and take us in unforeseen directions on a no notice basis. (sure did for my family) but please trust I am as serious as anyone here with everything I do. Even when I joke... :lol: Thanks to this forum and its members that stuck with this thread, and today I may have that knife coming to me!!
georgyboy

Post by georgyboy »

i'm ok!
JulesVane wrote:Hey Johnny. A tad bit concerned about georgyboy myself. Not sure of his logging in habits, but hasn't since August 4th. I'm sure we are all hoping he's okay. I did get an email from Sara Beltrame just the other day (as I was inquiring about another piece), but she DID say they had some swinguards in stock. Didn't say anything more as far as scale material, etc...May I suggest you visit the site and contact them about the swinguard you seek in Imt. Pearl. Sorry to hear about the chaos going on and truly hope things get better. Here's a link to the site while we all hope for georgyboy's return...
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... RU9ddbJDvw