Frank Beltrame B-Stealth

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Frank Beltrame B-Stealth

Post by whippersnapper »

Frank Beltrame B-Stealth tactical type stiletto. This is one of the very first produced. Rarer Bayonet blade style. Open length is 7 3/4". Handles are green and have a rubber like texture. Tang is etched Frank B Italy and the rear has the infamous wSb etch (Bradley Skipper). Opens good and locks up tight. Pocket clip with tip up carry.

This is unique Italian auto that doesn't seem to come up for sale much. A must for the collection! $66 dollars shipped in the USA.

Thanks for looking!
SOLD!
IMG_0724.JPG
IMG_0724.JPG (225.21 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG (215 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
IMG_0726.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG (179.98 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
IMG_0727.JPG
IMG_0727.JPG (199.53 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
IMG_0728.JPG
IMG_0728.JPG (218.25 KiB) Viewed 4553 times
Viking45

Re: Frank Beltrame B-Stealth

Post by Viking45 »

I'll take it if you still have it by next paycheck....but before I fully commit let me see what I've got, we had some rain days so that's gonna hurt a little 8)

If you can sell it before then go for it.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

OK, thanks Dave.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

I was thinking of buying one of these along with the b-naked (if anyone has that, shoot me an email) for a long time, but Frank's daughter Sara doesn't seem interested in replying to emails or returning phone calls... so I think I'm game, but also waiting for a paycheck... so in the meantime what is the story behind this tang stamp? The others I've seen around (bladeplay, linder, ect) say f.lli beltrame, this one says frank b italy ... was this one an earlier run/prototype or something? Did you actually get it straight from Brad Skipper?
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

These were from what I believe were the first run of these produced. I'm not sure why they decided to change the stamp.

I seem to recall Brad Skipper claiming to have something to do with the original idea for these so he had some made with hie wSb mark. Probably was all bull chit. Brad had the mark put on many different Frank B knives he imported during a time of a couple years.

As far as the wSb etch, Brad Skipper was a guy (deceased) who went by the handle swinguard, He came on the scene out of no where and tried to become a big time player in the Italian auto business. Unfortunately it was mostly based on smoke and mirrors and lies. He had a popular knife forum at one time.He made lots of promises and rarely delivered. He was one of those silver tongued guys that seemed to draw in followers like bees to honey.

A few of us saw right through him from the beginning. Lovers and haters chose sides and to this day I think the rift really was the demise of most of the knife forums including this one. Feelings were hurt and many of the more active members left and never came back. I know there are still some grudges and it has been years.

In the end he vanished about as fast as he appeared, but not before ripping off Frank B and many of his flock of followers.

I guess who ever makes payment arrangements first gets the knife.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yes, this came directly from Brad Skipper. It was a prize from a drawing or something. It isn't marked first run or prototype but I think Brad got the first batch.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Thanks so much for the info - I actually removed my initial inquiry as to who the skipper guy was when I did a quick google search but nonetheless still learned even more from your reply.

Do you happen to have a B-Naked or any of Frank's "other" stuff?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

No, I never had a B-Naked. I think I have a couple Frank B marked stilettos left but that's about it.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

which was the b-naked, the little one or the larger one ???
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

The B-Naked is a smallish manual knife of about 5- 1/2 inches.
http://www.bladeplay.com/item--FB-Frank ... Gold--6883
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

ok thanks thats the one i was refering to as the small one, the others are flippers.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Woah look what popped up today on sharperdeals... <wSb> and everything, one hell of a coinkidink since the dastardly <wSb> is kinda rare now... as if it mattered.

Not that I'm trying to bargain you down to that number, Mr. Whip... that camo is tacky as hell!

Do you combine shipping?
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Combine shipping? I was including shipping, but yeah, I would knock off a few bucks if someone bought multiple knives.

If you are wondering if that one is mine, nope, I'm not switch67. He is a long time member here though.

I may be too high on this knife. I guess we will gauge it by what the auction goes for. Sometimes it is hard to judge values on some of this stuff. I always listen to offers and don't get offended by any.

Until recently I haven't been on the selling end of the hobby much. Unfortunately things change in life.
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

That's what I meant - my assumption is that you'd go with a small flat rate box, roughly 6 dollars, so that's where the 6 dollars came from (usually people list things in multiples of 5 or 10...) I'm looking at your german market stag priced the same, so.. yeah.

In all fairness the reserve on sharperdeals isn't met, 60+is a fair price for this knife.

I'm interested to see what Frank B stilettos you have if you plan to put them on the market
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Terry too lazy to read all the stuff but still interested if it's around come pay day.
Reminds me of my Al Mar First Run.
This thing cracks like a whip, coolest knife I own. 8)
Attachments
Al Mar-AutoSERE02.JPG
Al Mar-AutoSERE02.JPG (152.46 KiB) Viewed 4344 times
Al Mar-AutoSERE03.JPG
Al Mar-AutoSERE03.JPG (147.2 KiB) Viewed 4344 times