Frank Beltrame B-Stealth

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
whippersnapper

Re: Frank Beltrame B-Stealth

Post by whippersnapper »

Well it sure ain't as nice as the Auto Seres, that's for sure...lol
Luke_of_Mass

Post by Luke_of_Mass »

Sent you a PM, whipper

I gotta find one of those AL Mars next....
Knee-deep in the hoopla...
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Luke, I sent you a couple pm's.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

This is sold!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Congrats on buying this cool knife from Terry. Yes I wanted it but I was going to have to sacrifice some other needed items to make the buy and I should focus on what is needed and not a luxury item at this time.

I came out good though, Terry has promised me a bottle of Jim Beam Black and his spring time deer's back strap :shock: :lol:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Yeah, sorry Dave. In better times I probably would have just sent you the knife if I knew you wanted one.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I know that Terry but I haven't forgot what you did a while back and I am in debt to you.
I understand you did that because you wanted to but I still want to repay you somehow.
You alone are the one constant that has held this forum afloat. Anyone questions this I welcome them to search posts and in my decade plus your replies/comments/threads etc have kept place alive. You have inspired interest, welcomed new members, killed endless spammers and unwanted crap.
You have taken the trash out when I was afraid to get my hands dirty.

In fact I am declaring a call for the "Whippersnapper" tribute knife.
Not an auto but something like a Trapper or Copperhead folder.
However this is not a popular knife style (here anyway, I know you and I love those knives). If I had my say in what was to be the "Whippersnapper" knife it would be a rugged stag Hubie multi blade, possibly a camp style with 12/20 shell puller. If it's gonna be a Whipper knife it's gotta be tough and not some coddled drawer queen.
Carbon blade, brass or nickle everything and stag is a must.

This knife has Terry written all over it- (Ram and Micarta)
Attachments
Whipper Ram.jpg
Whipper Ram.jpg (97.38 KiB) Viewed 2422 times
Whipper-Boker.jpg
Whipper-Boker.jpg (87.61 KiB) Viewed 2423 times
Furcs

Post by Furcs »

I think it's a great idea to acknowledge the 'above and beyond' effort of all that make this board so great... including you, too, Dave. Terry's contribution never goes unnoticed here, and that combined with his obvious true caring for the people on this board, what he does, and how he does it is something to be recognized and commended for sure.
Good idea Dave and I'm all in, so if a list gets started count me in for a "Whippersnapper" for sure. :D
Happy Friday everybody!

PS
Terry, sorry to talk 'about' you like you're not here, but just had to respond. You do a great job in a very special and unique way, and it's very much appreciated.
Bill
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Come on now. You guys are going to make me blush. No tribute knives with my name on them, although those Bokers look great.
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I believe a man should be recognized and appreciated while he's still upright not wait till he keels over.
Terry has been here a long time and as the most active mod has kept this place safe and enjoyable for all of us and put a lot of trouble makers in their place.
Cheers Terry.
whippersnapper wrote:those Bokers look great.
Yeah that Boker Savannah is the real deal. It's one of Boker's high-end knives made in Germany not Argentina like many of their fixed blades.
The website says: The massive blade features an attractive two-tone finish, and is made of N690 steel, which is a special alloy containing cobalt, exclusively created in a collaboration between Austrian steel manufacturer Bohler and Boker.

I prefer natural scale material but in this case I would choose that micarta and red spacer with those over sized pins, three extra pins at the bottom and the lanyard liner really seals the deal. Exquisite knife.

Edit: At closer inspection those are two different knives. The bottom one is the Savannah, not sure what the top one is.