WTB 9" Walt's Latama

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
JulesVane

Re: WTB 9" Walt's Latama

Post by JulesVane »

omega wrote:
JulesVane wrote:
METALGOD wrote:they did make them in 9" with 5mm thick bayonet blade , they have the cat logo tang stamp with the C inside of a Q. there were 300 made in brazilian,blackhorn, blondhorn,stag,abalone, ramshorn, and some tactical models as well. as far as i know they were only made once , they were made by Frank Beltrame and family .
Do you ever get any of these to sell Bernie? Where can they be purchased from (if anywhere?).
Not speaking on Metalgod's behalf, but there are none of these pieces in the marketplace at present. If you find one, buy it!

I am constantly looking for Walt's knives. Along with the rest of the world.
Geez. And "Markco The Mad Otter" just posted a picture of 5 of them ready for shipment from his visit to the Beltrame's in Italy on Blade Pictures thread. I had no idea they were so elusive.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
omega

Post by omega »

JulesVane wrote:
omega wrote:
JulesVane wrote: Geez. And "Markco The Mad Otter" just posted a picture of 5 of them ready for shipment from his visit to the Beltrame's in Italy on Blade Pictures thread. I had no idea they were so elusive.
If you d/l that *.jpg file and check the file properties, you will see that it was taken 5/1/2007. Since then, these pieces have become pretty scarce.

I was really surprised by the file date and didn't realize the Walt's knives to have been around that long.
thom

Post by thom »

Thanks for the responses. I was able to snag one.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

METALGOD wrote:they did make them in 9" with 5mm thick bayonet blade , they have the cat logo tang stamp with the C inside of a Q. there were 300 made in brazilian,blackhorn, blondhorn,stag,abalone, ramshorn, and some tactical models as well. as far as i know they were only made once , they were made by Frank Beltrame and family .
OK, but let's be really clear on this. Walt has sold many knives including the Flatguard of some 12+ years ago. However, only a few of his have ever been marked Latama, and that was only after he got the copy-write on that name 7 or so years ago.

Were the 9" knives people are talking about here marked Latama or not?
omega

Post by omega »

natcherly wrote:
METALGOD wrote: Walt has sold many knives including the Flatguard of some 12+ years ago. However, only a few have ever been marked Latama.

Were the 9" knives people are talking about here marked Latama or not?
My 23cm Walt's pieces all have/had the markings Metalgod described, but none have had the old "Latama" stamp in script. They all have the Latama cat mark though.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

thom wrote:Thanks for the responses. I was able to snag one.
Congrats Thom! That's great! Maybe you can post a pic.? I'm looking for one myself. Would give me inspiration.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
thom

Post by thom »

I think Walt will be getting some later this year.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

I have a Walts 9 inch flat guard with latama , script over Italy .walt told me he made 200 that run
And only 2 Custom Proto types with latama over Italy I have the one that he used on his banner at the blade show and for the banner on his website it is awesome .it is perfect in every way !!!!
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

Walt's 9" classic dagger and half grinds are scheduled first quarter of 2018. The 11" classic half grind started production this month (October 2017).

ljerr2

Post by ljerr2 »

That is good news to me! But maybe not to my wallet................... :P

Now if I could just talk him into reviving the flatguards.................. :)
thom

Post by thom »

How much are you looking for $$$?