Benchmade bali knockoff

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dark2023

Re: Benchmade bali knockoff

Post by dark2023 »

Both, but mainly I meant the situations
This is the magic incantation congress uses to constantly violate the 10th Amendment - "...the manufacture, sale, transportation, distribution, possession, or introduction into interstate commerce of such shall be prohibited"
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

I guess the question should be, does talk blade want to have a policy about counterfeit knives?

perhaps that should be the discussion. As it is unclear what is permitted.

I do not think people should be allowed to import counterfeits, even if they are selling them as such, for obvious reasons. But should someone that happens to have one be allowed to sell it like in this case? I am not sure myself as i believe they shouldn't have purchased the counterfeit to begin with.

But i guess my point is maybe that should be discussed?
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

I do not think people should be allowed to import counterfeits, even if they are selling them as such, for obvious reasons. But should someone that happens to have one be allowed to sell it like in this case?
I agree with that (that one is no big deal). I do think the etiquette should be that you throw away the box and sand the counterfeit logo off the knife. That is what I did with my fake Benchmade Balisong this week. It's not a bad knife to play with so I don't want to just toss it but precautions should be taken so it doesn't end up back on the market trying to be passed off as the real deal.

However, I would like to hear more thoughts from other members on the subject.

Perhaps we should start a new thread just for that topic so more people will see it.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

JimBrown257 wrote:
I do not think people should be allowed to import counterfeits, even if they are selling them as such, for obvious reasons. But should someone that happens to have one be allowed to sell it like in this case?
I agree with that (that one is no big deal). I do think the etiquette should be that you throw away the box and sand the counterfeit logo off the knife. That is what I did with my fake Benchmade Balisong this week. It's not a bad knife to play with so I don't want to just toss it but precautions should be taken so it doesn't end up back on the market trying to be passed off as the real deal.

However, I would like to hear more thoughts from other members on the subject.

Perhaps we should start a new thread just for that topic so more people will see it.
I agree with you new thread might be best, maybe if there could be a general policy in place then there won't be issues in future.
jimbeam

Post by jimbeam »

I feel I can speak for Jmack about the banning issue. HE feels that his banning was the proper punishment for his posting the fake Infidels. He does sell knockoffs but NEVER represents them as the real deal. He has a faithful and honest client base and feels confident that his customers buy them for their own use and pleasure. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of knives knows a knock off from the real thing.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

jimbeam wrote: He does sell knockoffs but NEVER represents them as the real deal. He has a faithful and honest client base and feels confident that his customers buy them for their own use and pleasure. Anyone with a rudimentary knowledge of knives knows a knock off from the real thing.
Thats like saying all the bums that are given money on the street are going to use it to buy themselves a meal instead of booze....you KNOW at least half of them are going straight to the liquor store. The counterfeits are getting better and better everyday, and with crappy internet pictures, i would bet money some of his faithful buyers turn around and sell them as the real deal. People are getting ripped off every day by fake knives...where do you think they get them? Certainly everywhere BUT him.

Sorry for the anger, stealing upsets me. Its a low low thing to do.
1tommygun82

Post by 1tommygun82 »

Man I didn't realize trying to get rid of this thing would have stirred the pot so much. I couldn't figure out how to remove the post for I would have done it a while ago. Thanks to those who who defended me, I wasn't trying to deceive anyone or make a profit off of it just pass it off to someone who wanted a cheap practice flipper like I did.