9" RIZZUTO 4 SALE

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
METALGOD

Re: 9" RIZZUTO 4 SALE

Post by METALGOD »

Knifeguy420 wrote:Is the scale handel material just black acrylic? Or is it something else?
Hi the handles are solid black no colors or streaks. i too have only seen Rizzuto Estileto Milano knives with plastic handles in white and black and i think someone may have a red plastic one..
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

METALGOD wrote:
Knifeguy420 wrote:Is the scale handel material just black acrylic? Or is it something else?
Hi the handles are solid black no colors or streaks. i too have only seen Rizzuto Estileto Milano knives with plastic handles in white and black and i think someone may have a red plastic one..
There are also variations with green, marbled red, marbled white, and faux jigged bone scales. Some of the older Italian lockback Rizzutos were made with real horn scales and blue marbled plastic scales also. I'm sure there are more as well but I can't think of any right now.

edit to add: Here's an interesting old one with tri-color scales...

Last edited by BTB0923 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Metalgod, sorry I didn't mean to derail your for sale thread. Would you please post a pic of the knife in the closed position? thanks
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
Markco the Mad otter

Post by Markco the Mad otter »

BTB0923 wrote:
METALGOD wrote:
There are also variations with green, marbled red, marbled white, and faux jigged bone scales. Some of the older Italian lockback Rizzutos were made with real horn scales and blue marbled plastic scales also. I'm sure there are more as well but I can't think of any right now.

edit to add: Here's an interesting old one with tri-color scales...

Wow, gave me an education, didn't know about those variations. Guess my little collection of Rizzies is smaller than I thought.
SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!!
Switch King

Post by Switch King »

Hello,
What a cool Rizzuto. I also did not know that there are as Rizzuto's Stiletto. I thought they all would have been built as a swing guard. The handle also looks very cool. I love Rizzuto, I unfortunately only 3 of them. All are 7inch tall. Unfortunately in Germany the larger (over 8.5 cm) not allow it. Therefore it is very difficult to increase my collection of Rizzuto
If anyone can help me, know me for last.

-The user is to be envied, very very nice.-
Knife collectors are not criminals,
but, people with a hobby.
-GermanPro-
Greetings from Europe
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Never thought I would be saying this but that is one very cool Rizz. 8)
Wouldn't mind that little jewel in my collection.
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Just to be clear, that Rizzy is not mine. It's a picture from someone else's collection that I saved some time ago. I wish I could remember who it was so I could credit them.

I believe most if not all of the old Japanese picklocks closely resemble Rizzutos in the materials used and overall design. I just don't think many of them are actually stamped "Rizzuto Estileto Milano" like the one pictured above.
cubegleamer

Post by cubegleamer »

I'll take it. PM sent.
SemiSweetMorsels2089

Post by SemiSweetMorsels2089 »

hey! that's a fantastic blade! are you still trying to trade that rizzy? if you're interested i have an 11 inch swing guard with a dark horn handle. everything's in tip top shape, it's my first switchblade ever so i gave it plenty of TLC. lemme know if you'd be interested, thanks!
JimBrown257

Post by JimBrown257 »

Bernie, has the button on that Rizzy in the OP been replaced or was the brass-coloring polished off?
john

Post by john »

Hi Bernie,
Your knife looks brand new.

BTB
I like how it looks as a stiletto and the tri color scales. I just may try mangling a tri color.
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

JimBrown257 wrote:Bernie, has the button on that Rizzy in the OP been replaced or was the brass-coloring polished off?
Hi the button is chrome and not brass at all , i dont think it came with brass button as ive seen few with chrome buttons. on the brass button models if you remove the brass its not chrome underneath its a dull pot metal color or gray-ish looking.
Thanks Bernie
METALGOD

Post by METALGOD »

john wrote:Hi Bernie,
Your knife looks brand new.

BTB
I like how it looks as a stiletto and the tri color scales. I just may try mangling a tri color.
John
Hi John i restored it lil myself is why it looks new , i actually over polished it but turned out great . the rizzutos never had a shine on handles bolsters and entire knife like this one i restored .. i sold the knife several months ago as i had (3) 9" Rizzutos .
Thanks again, Bernie
greggo2

Post by greggo2 »

ill buy it if its still available. thanks greggo
Nick88GT

Post by Nick88GT »

I know im 6 years late but did you ever sell the knife?