Benchmade 42's For Sale again (limited)

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Jeff

Benchmade 42's For Sale again (limited)

Post by Jeff »

Looks like the Benchmade 42 is available in a limited re-production run.
It includes the trainer model (something I didn't get with mine).
So to help anyone that's been looking for a BM-42 it looks as if they are available here.
http://www.knifexx.com/detail.aspx?ID=3 ... awodclUmgA
Leverlock switchblades
big_ski

Re: Benchmade 42's For Sale again (limited)

Post by big_ski »

this is hopeful news - one helluva deal too. So good in fact, I e-mailed pr@benchmade.com for official confirmation.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Big ski,
Can you let me know what you hear from them?
I see Benchmade changed their site a little and even though the 42 is now back in their balisong section, it says it is unavailable (out of stock).
Also the only way I can find this re release is in the link I posted above and not at any other shops yet.
Thanks
Leverlock switchblades
scottytoohotty74

Post by scottytoohotty74 »

It is confirmed to me by 2 sites ( the one above and BladeHQ). You cab preorder them now at both sites :)
big_ski

Post by big_ski »

this just in:

Hi (big_ski),

Back by popular demand, our model 42 Bali-Song will be available in limited quantities for a limited time. Please check with your favorite Benchmade dealer to see if they have one in stock.

Thanks,

Alicia Hunt
Public Relations Coordinator
Benchmade Knife Company
503-655-6004 x.125
------------------------------------
So they might not put a press release on their site but this is legit! I got that response in less than 24 hours. I can fwd the real response to anyone who wants it. Thanks for posting that Jeff - sorry if I inferred this was any kind of scam. :oops: 8)
Ryanb12345

Post by Ryanb12345 »

so does it come with the 40t and the 42 or is it just the 40t or the 42
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Sold out.
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

They obviously have no problem moving them. Makes you wonder why they are keeping it to just a limited run and not going back into full production with them. Legality issues maybe?
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... 08#p216408
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

The most recent Morpho (I like the 51) kind of revolutionized the awaited advancement in butterfly knives it looks like.
Amoung the new features it has no coil spring (like the 42) on the new spring latch. The new models spring latch is adjusted better for these type knives (if you like a spring latch) because it uses the liner and a clever shape to spring.
It doesn't have a tang pin that can flatten after long use losing open/close lock tention, the blade locks inside the handles now.
I just think they don't want to go backwards, they seem to discontinue production runs much sooner than other countries possibly because they change models more frequently once "better" methods that meet the standards to their making are agreed to be applied.
Just my take,
But I wish they would go back to the large size Pacific Cutlery models.
A dream knife would be a Pacific Cutlery with the skelotonized handle in titanium (like the 42) instead of stainless and a D2 steel blade.
Confusing why they are re-producing a few. I'm sure alot of bali fans don't like the new lighter style with the titanium liners and G10 handles, maybe something to do with it too.
Leverlock switchblades
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

I can understand them not wanting to move backwards in their design, but it seems to me that the general consensus is that the model 42 is the best balisong out there (not saying that everyone thinks that, but it seems a vast majority do). That being the case, until they design a model that is up to par with the 42 in the eyes of their customers, they are moving backwards. I would think it would be smarter to continue producing the best selling model they have designed along with the new ones until they find a model that is more popular, no?

By the way, I agree on the Pacific Cutlery models. I love the hidden-pin ones like the one in your avatar and it would be awesome if they started making them again.
Click here for the most recently updated list of movies covered in our "movie switchblades" thread...
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

As a retailer, I assure you that, the alledged or spoken "demand" for Balis VASTLY excedes the REAL demand :!:
If even 1% of the people who asked for them ACTUALLY PURCHASED one, I would carry them in stock - instead of telling people "maybe next week" :lol:
Any time I have had ANY, I end up "throwing one in" [as a bonus/gift] with the purchse of a REAL knife :idea:
I do not like the darn things, because they are a drain on capital, that could better be spent on cutlery that really sells - not stuff "customers" want to play with for 5-10 minutes before walking off to buy lunch :!:
Sure "some are beter than others" and such distictions MAY impress 1% of knife fans BUT, they are a tiny minority of people who actually SPEND money :idea:
Some ARE outstanding but they sell like "sleeve garters" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeve_garter :roll:
BTB0923

Post by BTB0923 »

Interesting to hear a retailer's take on it. :lol: @ "they sell like sleeve garters"
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have never carried high quality Balis but if I can't sell "users" at $10-$20, I'll leave the "good ones" to well financed cutlery stores :idea:
Benchmade, Spydies, etc, are NOT flea market items :idea:
Even if I CAN [and do] sell, Benchmade, Protech, Piranha, ect, at the flea :wink:
Since switchblades were legalized in my state, the minimal demand for Balis has crashed.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Vagrant wrote:I have never carried high quality Balis but if I can't sell "users" at $10-$20, I'll leave the "good ones" to well financed cutlery stores.
good idea, the Benchmade I have is top notch.
All clone balisongs are POS IMO even though I have about 8 or 10 "nicer" POS versions.
If you read the materials you see where all that $ goes. + the balisong design locks a blade a little more dependably than a common switchblade. Most of us can open one as fast as a switchblade. Theres more to them than "looking cool".
But you're right, a very tiny minority of us really really like them.
Heres 2 available
http://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/pr ... cts_id=625
http://www.adamsknifeworks.com/store/pr ... cts_id=395
Leverlock switchblades
Bama

Post by Bama »

Out of my price range by a whole lot. I do like the knife though.