Slow learners ;]

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Slow learners ;]

Post by Vagrant »

When I LOCK a thread [at the request of other members] and some IDIOT challenges that action - the gloves come off :!:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Slow learners ;]

Post by Vagrant »

If another Moderator choses to unlock the thread I have NO PROBLEM with that :wink:
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

Vagrant wrote:When I LOCK a thread [at the request of other members] and some IDIOT challenges that action - the gloves come off :!:
SO NOW YOU RESORT TO NAME CALLING. HOW ABOUT A POLL? SALE OF CLONES ACCEPTABLE: YES or NO. THAT SHOULD SETTLE THE MATTER.
MY PERSONAL EMAIL IS: info@blades1860.com. I welcome all comments. Positive and negative. If the negatives outweigh the positive I will end this issue. Knifeauction.com and bladebid.com plus other auctions have no problem with clones so I didn't realize it would cause such a ruckus here. Name calling is kid's stuff but I can lower myself to that level if need be.

BTW how does one get to be a moderator? Serious question Vagrant. Hope you got my latest pm.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

i personally don't have a problum with clones, ex. the lightning to me is a scarub clone, BUT, it does not say microtech on it. which to me is a out an out rip off, stealing trade marks and copyrights, and ment to do exactly that. thats my thoughts on these clones.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Mr. blades1860, what you are selling are counterfeits, not clones. They are marked with copy righted trade names to which they are not entitled to use. Even in Canada, this action is against both law and ethics. That you admit they are marked incorrectly does not absolve you. If you and your apologists cannot appreciate the legal and ethical issues here, then may I invite you to frequent another site.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

A POLL on pure COUNTERFEITS :?: :?: :?:
If anyone is silly enough to start one - the results will be predictable.
The members do NOT like counterfeits that copy trademarks/brand-names/etc :idea:
These are clearly shown in the pics :!:
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

I find this forum very tolerant of most kinds of knives, and one of the only ones to allow buying/selling/trading on the public forum. Most either don't allow it, or ask you pay a percentage or membership fee.

Just mention any clone or Asian knife on most other forums and you will be hassled. Not the case here.
scottytoohotty74

Post by scottytoohotty74 »

I got hassled here for Clone I posted not long ago......
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Clones are OK with me. I have a few, and I do what someone in the other thread spoke of: Mangle them- tear them apart, put them back together, and modify them. They are usually inexpensive, and they are cheaply built as well. They may be copies, but they aren't counterfeits.

It was said over and over in the other thread. I don't how else to say that counterfeit is not the same as clone

Counterfeit items shouldn't be sold anywhere.
blades1860 wrote:To each his own. I respect your opinions. No one is forced to read this thread or inquire about or buy the knives. I happen to think they are great knives and also happen to think Microtech has been getting away with selling overpriced products for years. I like MTs very much but can't afford the real thing so I purchased a clone and liked it so much I decided to make them available to anyone else who would be interested. Of course I'm trying to make a profit but I can assure anyone buying one of these knives they will not be disappointed with the quality. I urge anyone who CAN afford to buy an MT to buy the real thing but for those in the same position as me I offer the second best thing.
This would be fine, except for the huge distinction between clones and counterfeits.

I say if you want to sell them, take off the clips or wherever they are marked "Microtech", get rid of the boxes and sell them as clones.

I stayed out of the other thread, but since you "welcome all comments" in this one, I am chiming in. I did report the other thread, since I think selling counterfeits is wrong, especially on a site that is sponsored by knife manufacturers. The fact that you are identifying them as bogus gets you some credibility in my book, but it won't stop anyone on the secondary market from selling them as genuine. It's a shame that the Chinese can get away with making this stuff, and buying from them just encourages them to keep on doing it.
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

scottytoohotty74 wrote:I got hassled here for Clone I posted not long ago......
Probably not to the extent you would get it at Bladeforums or other places. :wink:
scottytoohotty74

Post by scottytoohotty74 »

True....it was by another member not the administrators.....
blades1860

Post by blades1860 »

turbo_dog wrote: It's a shame that the Chinese can get away with making this stuff, and buying from them just encourages them to keep on doing it.
The Chinese keep making them because we keep buying them. They also make a lot of quality stuff. It's not all cheap crap. Check out your cell phone, computer, tv, Iphone, Ipad and see where it was made. Surprise!!!!
thatoneguy

Post by thatoneguy »

The Chinese do make SOME good stuff. But most of their clones and counterfeits are crap. Take a real Microtech and a Chinese copy, drop them both from about eye level over and over, and see which one breaks first. Any bets on the Chinese? No? Strange
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

blades1860 wrote:
turbo_dog wrote: It's a shame that the Chinese can get away with making this stuff, and buying from them just encourages them to keep on doing it.
The Chinese keep making them because we keep buying them. They also make a lot of quality stuff. It's not all cheap crap. Check out your cell phone, computer, tv, Iphone, Ipad and see where it was made. Surprise!!!!
Exactly. It's not a surprise at all. They can manufacture to as high a quality as they, or the person paying them, want to. Many reputable companies have products and parts made there. Spyderco, Kershaw, Benchmade, etc. not to mention thousands of non-knife products are made in China to a very high standard of quality.

I am/was speaking directly to the manufacture and sale of counterfeit items. The Chinese do not honor patents, copyrights, etc. I vote with my dollars, and I wouldn't ever consider knowingly buying a counterfeit item from anyone, regardless if it was made in China or down the street.
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

When I was a kid, I learned that when I was in another kids yard, I played by his rules. Don't like it? Find another yard to play in.