Custom Mikov for Trade maybe sale

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dragonsteel

Custom Mikov for Trade maybe sale

Post by dragonsteel »

Custom Mikov made By Muskrat Man. Impale horn with jigged scales. Custom fine filework on spine. Nickel Silver rear bolsters with non visible pin. Red spacer beside liners. Not sure but liners may be custom and made thicker, Dagger blade . Knife blade sets dead center and deep when closed . Very nice snap and fast opening. Truly a work of art . Looks even nicer then pictures. I would like to trade this for a nice vintage Italian auto but would consider knives vintage knives from other origins . Also might consider cash offer. Please email me for more pictures and or offers . I'll be back and forth this weekend but Will respond ASAP. MUST BE 18 and check all state and Local Laws. Thanks , Wayne ON SD AUCTION UNTIL JULY 13,
Attachments
AlpacaMikov004.jpg
AlpacaMikov004.jpg (87.87 KiB) Viewed 3723 times
AlpacaMikov009.jpg
AlpacaMikov009.jpg (84.65 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
Last edited by dragonsteel on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff

Re: Custom Mikov for Trade maybe sale

Post by Jeff »

The liners are regular from a kit.
I had that knife made for me by MM and specified the scales, hidden pin solid nickel silver rear bolster, filework and red spacing.
It's a piece of art and a heck of a nice sharp knife. 8) :!:
Leverlock switchblades
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Just to be clear....i believe thats Dark Horn, with an Impala Jig on it. Am i correct?...

Its not Impala horn itself...just jigged like it. If i am wrong here somebody say something :P
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

Chrisadamley wrote:Just to be clear....i believe thats Dark Horn, with an Impala Jig on it. Am i correct?...

Its not Impala horn itself...just jigged like it. If i am wrong here somebody say something :P
I'm not sure last seller told me Impala ? but you could be correct
Jeff probably knows .Sorry anyone if I came off misleading. Thanks Chrisadamley
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

Well i have a Buck 110 from MM and he did the same jig on it. Its Dark Horn with the Jig to make it look like Impala Horn. Still a very nice knife... :)
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Dark horn? Impala horn? I don't know, it was sold to me as "dark impala horn. :)
Leverlock switchblades
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

hmmm.....I'm like 90% sure its not impala....but heck, i have been 90% percent sure on ALOT of things and have been wrong on ALOT of those things :lol:

Anywyas, im tempted to get the knife to match my 110 :)

why did u sell the knife jeff? ....im just curious why its making the rounds out of multiple peoples hands. Anything wrong with it?
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

Nothing wrong with it. I'm a vintage guy and took it in on trade . I have had the same guy I got it from trade me new knives for vintage ?Think barshoo? had it before him . So I think it went threw 4(set) hands now.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

im confused, is there wax on this thing or something?...what is the smudge in the middle of the handle that looks like its raised or rough edges. Just curious :?
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

Looks like a layer in the horn ? maybe rough edges I didn't take the pics .
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Chris,
It is an awesome knife. The smudge looking thing in the top handle is a polished smooth contour to the horn I think.
It really looks amazing in person and that offset gives it some character. Nothing is wrong with the knife last I had it and judging by the collectors reputations that have kept it I beleive it's probably still newer than new looking . Muskrat Man really puts a good polish and sharpening.
I traded it for a limited Hubertus and some $. Alot of my collection revolves because I have so many interests and so little income.
Leverlock switchblades
dragonsteel

Post by dragonsteel »

SOLD !
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

Jeff_75 wrote:Dark horn? Impala horn? I don't know, it was sold to me as "dark impala horn. :)
It's actually dark horn that is jigged to look like impala horn. I did a knife with it about 3 yrs ago.
Great looking stuff.
Chrisadamley

Post by Chrisadamley »

j.a.c. wrote:
Jeff_75 wrote:Dark horn? Impala horn? I don't know, it was sold to me as "dark impala horn. :)
It's actually dark horn that is jigged to look like impala horn. .
See, I gotta have more faith in what i know from now on lol...i always second guess myself, but this time i was right! 8)