Deeply Saddened

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

Deeply Saddened

Post by Viking45 »

I just found my dream knife but I am completely tapped out,broke,bone dry,out-of-funds!
Not only is this knife something I have wanted for many years it has exquisite scales and gorgeous blade stamps.
Sorry but I am truly heart broken over this right now.
Have a look. I can't bring myself to look at it any more. :cry: :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-J-Jordan-Sheffiel ... 3a5bad793b
Last edited by Viking45 on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: Deeply Saddened

Post by Vagrant »

I have one of my dream knives :wink: My Wostenholm 8)

http://www.talkblade.info/viewtopic.php ... lm#p153199
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

I don't know much about evaluating vintage knives, or their values, but I do know that the seller for the knife you posted is known as a prolific faker. I've seen his name mentioned MANY times in the Bernard Levine subforum at Bladeforums. And not in a flattering way.

If you figure a way to get the funds, you may want to post the knife in question there and see if the experts there can tell from the photos if it's a real one. There is still time. Or possibly see if Bill DeShivs can enlighten you.

Good luck!
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Thanks for the heads-up TD. The guy has 3000 sells with 100% Feedback but maybe someone was unhappy and made a fuss. We all know that we can't please everyone.

I am a little familiar with this knife and it would be next to impossible to fake.

Even though I don't do much e-bay buying/selling,I know there are a lot of scammers and crooks out there. Thanks again for the warning but I don't have to worry about it because I have bought a couple of expensive knives lately.

Ok ok,I will stop crying now :roll:
AutoMan

Post by AutoMan »

Viking, I know how it is to want and not have!!!! :cry: If I could help I surely would but right now I'm in about as bad a shape as you are. Good luck.

AutoMan
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

AutoMan wrote:Viking, I know how it is to want and not have!!!! :cry: If I could help I surely would but right now I'm in about as bad a shape as you are. Good luck.

AutoMan
Thanks for the thoughts AutoMan. I have no room to complain,I just got two vintage levers this month so I'm not hurting too bad. 8)