anyone wanna help me out

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
dragonsteel

Re: anyone wanna help me out

Post by dragonsteel »

Offered Homey 3 balis for $70 -$75 - $80 and also two vintage Italian switchblades $100 - $350 Told him they would need to be payed with a online payment or a M.O. must be received within 4 days. Told him I ship Priority with a tracking # and that he must first check state and local laws and be 18 or older heres his first email.
"QUOTE"
i will take the one your selling for $70 i do not want to sign for any
packages so just send it unregisterd ok how bout half up front the
other half when i reviecve it ok

So now I'm wondering about this guy so I send this in my email

Sorry I would need all up front.Not sure why you received a few negative comments on TB but the knife community is rather small . I haven't had any bad dealings with you and I'm willing to give anyone a fair shake.I just always receive full payment before a knife goes out until I have had a few dealing with a customer.

His next email "QUOTE"
i can do all up front it will just take an extra couple weeks i will
have enough money for it i am just waiting on some checks etc im well
over 18 im in my 40s i do not want to have to sign for it because i
dont want my wife to know i spent $75 on a knife im definently
interested sounds good thanks what type of offers would you
consider,trades thanks its also got to be usps not ups fedex thanks

So I have not wrote this joker back . What do you all think about Homersinister68 . Just thought I let the community know how this one likes to conduct business .
SO HOMIE IF YOU READ THIS " I REFUSE TO SELL YOU ANY KNIVES " !!!
JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

I think his name says it all. I think you made a wise decision not to deal with him. The guy's a flake...
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?
j.a.c.

Post by j.a.c. »

He had me kind of baffled. Begging for freebies one day and looking to buy high end the next. :?:
When he first posted I thought he was one of the old members from S.G. forum , who was always begging for something there as well. :roll:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

I made the mistake of joining here and posting a knife for sale right away. However,unlike many of the people that have done this I am an honest knife collector.
I was not trying to make a quick buck,it was just a poor judgment call on my part to join and suddenly try to sell something.
Looks bad,especially for a first impression.
It took me a while to understand this and now after a year of being a member of TB I have purchased many knives from members here and consider this my home away from home.
I consider many of you here as friends and always look forward to coming here and discussing knives and other subjects.

As for this Homer person I cannot speak for him or any others but I too like to give someone a chance...but when they screw that up I'm done.

I know many of the members that have been around here for years are protective of this forum and I am thankful for that.
They are very good at spotting the screw-ups and weed them out pretty quick.

I feel fortunate that they gave me the benefit of the doubt in the beginning. I started off not-so-good but perhaps my contributions in other areas of the forum helped me out.
Even with some of my silly remarks and replies no one has said a single negative word to me.
Thanks guys,I love this place.
homersimpson68

Post by homersimpson68 »

dragonsteel wrote:Offered Homey 3 balis for $70 -$75 - $80 and also two vintage Italian switchblades $100 - $350 Told him they would need to be payed with a online payment or a M.O. must be received within 4 days. Told him I ship Priority with a tracking # and that he must first check state and local laws and be 18 or older heres his first email.
"QUOTE"
i will take the one your selling for $70 i do not want to sign for any
packages so just send it unregisterd ok how bout half up front the
other half when i reviecve it ok

So now I'm wondering about this guy so I send this in my email

Sorry I would need all up front.Not sure why you received a few negative comments on TB but the knife community is rather small . I haven't had any bad dealings with you and I'm willing to give anyone a fair shake.I just always receive full payment before a knife goes out until I have had a few dealing with a customer.

His next email "QUOTE"
i can do all up front it will just take an extra couple weeks i will
have enough money for it i am just waiting on some checks etc im well
over 18 im in my 40s i do not want to have to sign for it because i
dont want my wife to know i spent $75 on a knife im definently
interested sounds good thanks what type of offers would you
consider,trades thanks its also got to be usps not ups fedex thanks

So I have not wrote this joker back . What do you all think about Homersinister68 . Just thought I let the community know how this one likes to conduct business .
SO HOMIE IF YOU READ THIS " I REFUSE TO SELL YOU ANY KNIVES " !!!
wow dude im sorry its just ive got to wait for my paypal payments to clear i sold some stuff on ebay if you would like to reconsider i am still interested if your willing to wait a little longer so i can get the money its under pending status if you dont want to and are angry with me then thats ok to they are yours
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

If anyone wants to send me their knives, I'm ok with that, too. I don't get my allowance for another few weeks. :D :D :D Just mail them unregistered to my undisclosed location (does my treehouse have an address?) so my mom...I mean, wife, doesn't find out....

homie, I'm not trying to be a a-hole, but you come across like a 14 year old. I, too, wanted a switchblade when I was younger more than anything. I paid $100 to my older brother for a $25 red pearlex knife... and that's $100 of 1990 money there... :lol: just be patient, use your resources(Google), obey your local laws, and you will be rewarded. God knows I didn't have the internet when I was a kid. Heck, now I could get a one-legged albino giraffe delivered in a week if I looked hard enough :P

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

He-He :lol: :P :D
sicboy13 wrote:If anyone wants to send me their knives, I'm ok with that, too. I don't get my allowance for another few weeks. :D :D :D Just mail them unregistered to my undisclosed location (does my treehouse have an address?) so my mom...I mean, wife, doesn't find out....

homie, I'm not trying to be a a-hole, but you come across like a 14 year old. I, too, wanted a switchblade when I was younger more than anything. I paid $100 to my older brother for a $25 red pearlex knife... and that's $100 of 1990 money there... :lol: just be patient, use your resources(Google), obey your local laws, and you will be rewarded. God knows I didn't have the internet when I was a kid. Heck, now I could get a one-legged albino giraffe delivered in a week if I looked hard enough :P
Belmont800
homersimpson68

Post by homersimpson68 »

sicboy13 wrote:If anyone wants to send me their knives, I'm ok with that, too. I don't get my allowance for another few weeks. :D :D :D Just mail them unregistered to my undisclosed location (does my treehouse have an address?) so my mom...I mean, wife, doesn't find out....

ha ha that takes me back to my teenage years i worked this whole thing out me and dragon steel are cool we worked out a plan you paid $100 for a cheap stilleto jeez dude :D
sicboy13

Post by sicboy13 »

homersimpson68 wrote:ha ha that takes me back to my teenage years i worked this whole thing out me and dragon steel are cool we worked out a plan you paid $100 for a cheap stilleto jeez dude :D
Yeah, I was/am a regular geeker when it comes to switchblades... I'm glad you worked things out!

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. - Keyser Soze
homersimpson68

Post by homersimpson68 »

sicboy13 wrote:
homersimpson68 wrote:ha ha that takes me back to my teenage years i worked this whole thing out me and dragon steel are cool we worked out a plan you paid $100 for a cheap stilleto jeez dude :D
Yeah, I was/am a regular geeker when it comes to switchblades... I'm glad you worked things out!
ya they are cool i like balisongs a little more though
Belmont800

Post by Belmont800 »

homersimpson68 wrote:

ha ha that takes me back to my teenage years i worked this whole thing out me and dragon steel are cool we worked out a plan you paid $100 for a cheap stilleto jeez dude :D
No $100- knife is too expensive if it fills a hole in a collection. Also considering the fact that you might have a hard time getting a "Milano" shipped to you for less than $100- these days :D :D
Ya know when you plunck down 1 or 2 hundred on a knife (bali, stiletto, swinger or fixed-blade) and you know it's not really WORTH in dollars what you are paying, but you just have to have it?
Plus, you never know if the buyer intends to fix/customize the knife. Collectors and Builders as I was once told. 8)

Glad to hear everything got worked out. :D
Belmont800
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

This guy reminds me of "Sprite". Remember him? I wonder if it's just a new handle.
hogwild
Location: Proudly chasing the dollar to "share" with parasites

Post by hogwild »

Naww; it's just school's out for the summer.
The worst evils which mankind has ever had to endure were inflicted by bad governments.
Ludwig von Mises
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

chopper561 wrote:This guy reminds me of "Sprite". Remember him? I wonder if it's just a new handle.
Nope, Sprite had temper/insult issues and doesn't constantly apologize like homer does.
And homer didn't use the word "pal" sprite couldn't type a sentance w/out using it.
I don't remember sprite having " secret envelope" mailing requests like homer, Sprite seemed to kind of demand overnight anything :lol:
Leverlock switchblades
homersimpson68

Post by homersimpson68 »

Jeff_75 wrote:
chopper561 wrote:This guy reminds me of "Sprite". Remember him? I wonder if it's just a new handle.
Nope, Sprite had temper/insult issues and doesn't constantly apologize like homer does.
And homer didn't use the word "pal" sprite couldn't type a sentance w/out using it.I don't remember sprite having " secret envelope" mailing requests like homer, Sprite seemed to kind of demand overnight anything :lol:
;
who was sprite what happened is there something i can do to verify that im not him :shock: