Non auto: Queen Moose pattern

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
turbo_dog

Non auto: Queen Moose pattern

Post by turbo_dog »

This may be the wrong place to post this, but here goes.

The traditional subforum at BladeForums has put together what I think is one of the prettiest traditional knives around, and I think they are going for a pretty great price if anyone is interested.

It's a moose pattern being built by Queen Cutlery in ebony with a bar shield. 3 7/8" with blades of good old 1095 steel. They are going for $87, which is about $70 less than I've seen them elsewhere (like here: http://www.vintageknives.com/tek9.asp?p ... s&manuf=67 )

I guess you'll need to be a member of Bladeforums to sign up, but that is free. The knife won't have any engraving or etching on the shield or blades, but will have a BladeForums tang stamp. I'm not real wild about that, but prefer it to the etching you see on a lot of group orders, or forum knives. And for the price, it doesn't bother me at all!

Here is a picture and a link to where to order for anybody who likes this style and is interested:
http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showt ... p?t=741105

btw- I have nothing to gain from the sale of these. I had nothing to do with it, other than voting on the pattern during the selection process. The price is set no matter how many people buy. It just looks to me like a pretty great deal. I've been wanting one of these ever since I read about Nessmuk and his trinity of cutting tools (Moose, small fixed blade, and double bit axe).
Attachments
BFC Moose 2010
BFC Moose 2010
Moose.jpg (145.4 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
Viking45

Re: Non auto: Queen Moose pattern

Post by Viking45 »

That is a good looking old school knife. Do they have tang stamps?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

An excellent and very tempting knife 8)
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Viking45 wrote:That is a good looking old school knife. Do they have tang stamps?
I believe it will have a Queen Cutlery tang stamp in addition to a BladeForums stamp like below:
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

I voted also but I didn't like the moose I voted gec. I'm not going to be getting one this year. Its just not my style. Who are you on BF? The traditional section is my favorite sub forum there.
turbo_dog

Post by turbo_dog »

Yes its a lot more active than the auto section. A lot of VERY knowledgeable folks on there, and a lot of very nice eye candy to look at.

I was on BF for probably a year before I started looking at the traditional subforum. If you haven't read Jackknife's stories, they are a great way to blow a bunch of time on line, too.

I probably would have bought the GEC, too, but didn't care too much for the Canal Street.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

Jackknife is a wonderful person. Well he seems to be. I've read many of his stories and I've ejoyed them all.