11" Buffalo Horn Kris Blade Frank Beltrame NEW PICS

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Knife Crazied

11" Buffalo Horn Kris Blade Frank Beltrame NEW PICS

Post by Knife Crazied »

$80 includes ship paypal fees and delivery signature confirmation

Much better pics on his site of it
Attachments
100_1817.jpg
100_1817.jpg (38.52 KiB) Viewed 6277 times
100_1815.jpg
100_1815.jpg (83.27 KiB) Viewed 6510 times
100_1814.jpg
100_1814.jpg (94.74 KiB) Viewed 6505 times
Last edited by Knife Crazied on Mon May 11, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: 11" Buffalo Horn Kris Blade Frank Beltrame

Post by natcherly »

Pictures would be nice. Also more details of how well it works - speed of opening, straightness of blade, safety functionality - stuff like that.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

natcherly wrote:Pictures would be nice. Also more details of how well it works - speed of opening, straightness of blade, safety functionality - stuff like that.

I just got them in today. Super fast open, has the safety lock. Blade is staight and lock up is solid. Very solid and great built Frank B. It is from his classic collection. Has the pins. All stainless steel parts.I can add pics later. Thanks Ash
Last edited by Knife Crazied on Sat May 09, 2009 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

[quote="Knife Crazied...Very solid and great built Frank B. It is from his switch collection. Has the pins. All stainless steel parts.I can add pics later. Thanks Ash[/quote]I understand the "switch" is Frank's less expensive line and does not feature buffalo horn scales. Also the bolsters are alloy, not stainless. There are probably other differences but I've never owned one. Can you clarify?
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

natcherly wrote:[quote="Knife Crazied...Very solid and great built Frank B. It is from his switch collection. Has the pins. All stainless steel parts.I can add pics later. Thanks Ash
I understand the "switch" is Frank's less expensive line and does not feature buffalo horn scales. Also the bolsters are alloy, not stainless. There are probably other differences but I've never owned one. Can you clarify?[/quote]

When I order them from Frank he said they are 11" Buffalo horn with all stainless parts and kris blade. They have all silver stainless parts and the pins are gold. Maybe it's from the classic line I'm not sure. I just know what he charged me and told me. Now that I think back maybe he did say the classic line. I'm adding pics soon so you can see for yourself. I know it's a very nice Stiletto. I got 2 in stock but I'm keeping one for myself.
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

I just looked on his site and it's from the classic line. You can see a picture of it without the kris blade and 9" at www.switchblade.net in the classic section
jim d,

Re: 11" Buffalo Horn Kris Blade Frank Beltrame PICS ADDED

Post by jim d, »

the pins are gold.

Are you sure about that?

Jim
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

jim d, wrote:the pins are gold.

Are you sure about that?

Jim
Sure as I know my name
eastcoastsniper

Post by eastcoastsniper »

Knife Crazied wrote:
jim d, wrote:the pins are gold.

Are you sure about that?

Jim
Sure as I know my name
Maybe it's genuine FAUX gold, I think that's stronger than plain ol' gold.
omega

Post by omega »

natcherly wrote:[quote="Knife Crazied...Very solid and great built Frank B. It is from his switch collection. Has the pins. All stainless steel parts.I can add pics later. Thanks Ash
I understand the "switch" is Frank's less expensive line and does not feature buffalo horn scales. Also the bolsters are alloy, not stainless. There are probably other differences but I've never owned one. Can you clarify?[/quote]

Hello Knifecrazied,

This knife is indeed from Frank's CLASSIC line. There are no 11" models in the SWITCH line. Also, the CLASSIC models use BRASS liners and PINS.In the SWITCH line, there are no brass liners, but rather a one piece frame made from an aluminum alloy. In the classic line, the bolsters are claimed to be STAINLESS, but probably a lower grade from their finish. Finally, the SWITCH models use brass screws instead of pins to affix the scales directly to the frame. There is a more reliable way to tell the difference based upon model number, but I've long since forgotten the numbers Frank uses.

FYI, when you get into the 13 and 15 inch models, these knives are made by someone else and simply distributed by Frank. The only thing Frank has made for several years is the 9 and 11 inch stilettos and perhaps his newer B-Stealth and B-naked knives. Oh, and that awful kerambit-looking thing he came out with in the last year or two.

Hope this is helpful to you in sorting out the Frank B. knives.
Last edited by omega on Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Springmesser

Post by Springmesser »

Duhhhh brass looks like gold.... :D
Knife Crazied

Post by Knife Crazied »

omega wrote:
natcherly wrote:
Knife Crazied wrote:...Very solid and great built Frank B. It is from his switch collection. Has the pins. All stainless steel parts.I can add pics later. Thanks Ash
I understand the "switch" is Frank's less expensive line and does not feature buffalo horn scales. Also the bolsters are alloy, not stainless. There are probably other differences but I've never owned one. Can you clarify?
Hello Knifecrazied,

This knife is indeed from Frank's CLASSIC line. There are no 11" models in the SWITCH line. Also, the CLASSIC models use BRASS liners and PINS.In the SWITCH line, there are no brass liners, but rather a one piece frame made from an aluminum alloy. In the classic line, the bolsters are claimed to be STAINLESS, but probably a lower grade from their finish. Finally, the SWITCH models use brass screws instead of pins to affix the scales directly to the frame. There is a more reliable way to tell the difference based upon model number, but I've long since forgotten the numbers Frank uses.

FYI, when you get into the 13 and 15 inch models, these knives are made by someone else and simply distributed by Frank. The only thing Frank has made for several years is the 9 and 11 inch stilettos and perhaps his newer B-Stealth and B-naked knives. Oh, and that awful kerambit-looking thing he came out with in the last year or two.

Hope this is helpful to you in sorting out the Frank B. knives.
Thanks I apprecaite the help. Thanks All
Knife Crazied

Re: 11" Buffalo Horn Kris Blade Frank Beltrame NEW PICS

Post by Knife Crazied »

BTTT
mr natural

Post by mr natural »

Knife Crazied wrote:BTTT
..........................................................................Define please ......... :roll:
Mr Natural

JerrBear
MB Suckin' Bottom Feeder

Post by JerrBear »

Knife Crazied wrote:BTTT
mr natural wrote: ..........................................................................Define please ......... :roll:
"Back To The Top"

What's with alla blue dots?
JerrBear
Have you hugged a Bear today?