For sale-FB, Dalton,Arc Angel, Surefire

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tpyke

For sale-FB, Dalton,Arc Angel, Surefire

Post by tpyke »

Frank Beltrame B-Stealth urban camo $OLD
Dalton Street Assassin $OLD
Cold Steel Arc Angels either one $OLD
Surefire M3T-CB with Detonator battery extender, 1 MN15 lamp assembly, 1 MN16 lamp assembly and 1 MN61 lamp assembly(for use with the detonator).SPF
$10 worldwide shipping for any number of items.
4% extra when paying with a credit card through Paypal.
Last edited by tpyke on Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HOW FORUMS WORK:
Vanagas

Re: For sale-FB, Dalton,Arc Angel, Surefire

Post by Vanagas »

Nice blades, but I am a bit confused. Must be very nice flashlight for $275 buck dollars. :shock: :? :|
Mike
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

...sorry to hear about your confusion...
THIS is a nice flashlight:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/subemopoflev.html

Here are the specs for the light that's for sale. The Detonator battery extender is an aftermarket attachment....that's why it's not listed on the Surefire site.
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_ ... /sesent/00
HOW FORUMS WORK:
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

Arc Angel clip point is SOLD
HOW FORUMS WORK:
Grim

Post by Grim »

Vanagas wrote:Nice blades, but I am a bit confused. Must be very nice flashlight for $275 buck dollars. :shock: :? :|
Yeah Surefires are pretty much the cadillacs of flashlights They pack quite a punch
DONT TREAD ON ME
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

tpyke wrote:...sorry to hear about your confusion...
THIS is a nice flashlight:
http://www.lapolicegear.com/subemopoflev.html

Here are the specs for the light that's for sale. The Detonator battery extender is an aftermarket attachment....that's why it's not listed on the Surefire site.
http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_ ... /sesent/00
Thanks for the linky. I see that this flashlight is usually priced at $4,800.00. That sure clears up the confusionness....... :roll:

How can you afford to give these things away like that? :mrgreen:
Mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Grim wrote:
Vanagas wrote:Nice blades, but I am a bit confused. Must be very nice flashlight for $275 buck dollars. :shock: :? :|
Yeah Surefires are pretty much the cadillacs of flashlights They pack quite a punch
Yeah, I have three of them :wink:
whiskers

Post by whiskers »

I thought 2 grand for a luger was a high price for something till i saw that 4800.00 flashlight.
if everyone likes you, then you are most likely a coward who is too afraid to take a firm position on anything worthwhile
Guitars and Blades

Post by Guitars and Blades »

I'll take two Lugers and stick with my Maglite and my Ray-O-Vac LED.!!
What the hell am I gonna do with a $4800.00 flashlight? Maybe walk to the "Flight Deck" for a nighttime exam after I buy it?

G&B :shock: :?
Steel strings and steel springs...what could be better?
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

All sold!
Thanks!!
HOW FORUMS WORK:
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

Yeah, flashlights can get expensive. But same thing goes for anything else of quality. The price on watches and knives and guns shoot way up as well when you start to look at anything of quality. Most people think that spending $100 on a pocketknife is crazy. Most knife collectors I know including myself have knives that are worth over $500 each in their collection.
Why spend $2000 on a Breitling watch when you can get a $10 watch that has a built in calculator!? Why spend $80 on a Beltrame when you can get a chinese one for $8?
HOW FORUMS WORK:
whiskers

Post by whiskers »

I'm not sayin it's not worth it,just never seen a flashlight that cost so much.I got 2 beltrame swing guards that cost $250 each.lot of peeps would look at me funny for payin so much for an italian.but well made items are gonna be higher than normal.I tell people a lambo is smaller than your f-150, so it should cost less,right?
if everyone likes you, then you are most likely a coward who is too afraid to take a firm position on anything worthwhile
tpyke

Post by tpyke »

Yup, it seems that no matter what we collect we look absurd to non-collectors.
For example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authenticated-Ty-Be ... dZViewItem
HOW FORUMS WORK:
Vanagas

Post by Vanagas »

I hear what you guys are saying, but come on now. A maglite, which I own several of is a superbly designed and carefully manufactured item. Very tight tolerances. That other light might be twice as good for all I know, but still at twice the price it would only be only $50 or so. To me this would be like offering up a Leverletto for $10,000. A very nice knife I'm sure all would agree, but there comes a point to where you feel like a sucker price-wise. I think on the flashlight the "sucker threshold" would be about $100-150. No offense to anybody who's bought one. It's your money. Spend it all on flashlights for all I care.

btw, that $5k flashlight looks quite a bit like one I bought for my daughter at the dollar store. :twisted:

Beanie Babies always crack me up. Real mental giants involved here. I remember seeing women standing all fricken day in line to get a little POS toy for their spoiled snot-nosed kids so they can have something the kids with normal parents don't. I remember one time right after it got crazy, took my girls to Brookfield Zoo. Very early in the season. Nobody hardly there. The souvenir stand had sat locked up all winter. They apparently had just stocked it too. So all these rare toys that yuppy moms were fighting over were there for the taking. They had thousands of them. All for 5 or 6 bucks a piece. I ended up advancing them about a month's allowance so they could stock up. Then the fad was over leaving people with hundreds of these things that they'd paid thousands for, that were now worth less than a dollar each. Buy em up folks. They will become a hot item again when the kids who owned them have their own kids.
Mike
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

ALL, my Surefires are econo versions [$100 or less, 2-cell] but they emit dramatically MORE light than a 3-cell Maglite :idea:
[I have a couple Maglites also their real advantage is "burntime" the Surefires are limited to 20 minutes before the batteries are gone].
If I want a quick look to see "what's there" a Surefire wins if I need to change a tire on an unlit road it's Maglite :wink: They both have their place 8)