8" latama italy kris switchblade for sale. make offer

This is a place where you can sell or buy your knives.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
orangeboy

Re: 8" latama italy kris switchblade for sale. make offer

Post by orangeboy »

chopper561 wrote:When you make a post asking for offers and you get an offer that you acknowledge is the highest you have gotten, it would be courteous to answer PMs asking about the status of the knife.
Maybe it turned out like this: http://talkblade.info/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14317

Do a private auction for a week and a half, tell me I'm the winner then ignore all my PM's and phone calls
and sell the knife to someone else! :twisted: That was a fun two weeks :P
Italian and USA Doctorate in Cutlery Research, PHD
Italian and USA Masters in Cutlery Research, PHD
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

Whatever the deal is, my bid is officially retracted.
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Regarding the clip Charlie posted
I've been wanting one of those 30's - 40's vintage 11" flat guard Wasp bodied picklocks for some time now and they rarely show up.
Nobody wants to ever talk price publicly, but those knives in decent shape my best guess begin around $600. I am guessing this because when your offer was $300 and the reserve wasn't met; it must be worth twice that.
But you guys beware ( :lol: ) I'll find one eventually. I believe I've seen one without a kriss blade, the blade was a swedge? I don't know, I am going to make that seller another offer when I can though.
It does seem coincidental that many of the Latama finder/sellers aren't collectors and found it in a storage, or a box somewhere, or a yardsale etc.... for $20
Leverlock switchblades
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

Higher than $600 Jeff. Unless you get lucky. I saw a nice 11" flatty at the blade show last year for $800. I believe it ended up North of the border.
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Jeff_75 wrote:Regarding the clip Charlie posted
I've been wanting one of those 30's - 40's vintage 11" flat guard Wasp bodied picklocks for some time now and they rarely show up.
Nobody wants to ever talk price publicly, but those knives in decent shape my best guess begin around $600. I am guessing this because when your offer was $300 and the reserve wasn't met; it must be worth twice that.
But you guys beware ( :lol: ) I'll find one eventually. I believe I've seen one without a kriss blade, the blade was a swedge? I don't know, I am going to make that seller another offer when I can though.
It does seem coincidental that many of the Latama finder/sellers aren't collectors and found it in a storage, or a box somewhere, or a yardsale etc.... for $20
I offered more than that and the seller told me I was the winner. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. :roll:
Ah well, such is life and I'm happy for the new owner. It's only a knife. My motto is, "I'll get the next one!" 8)
Last edited by orangeboy on Wed May 19, 2010 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jme69

Post by jme69 »

Sorry for the late response, I've been busy. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has been giving me advise on this knife. I'm new to social networking and have a lot to learn.
Sharperd

Post by Sharperd »

orangeboy wrote: I offered more than that and the seller told me I was the winner. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. :roll:
Ah well, such is life and I'm happy for the new owner. It's only a knife. My motto is, "I'll get the next one!" 8)
I am the one who got the 11" Flatty. I sent a PM to the seller when he was taking offers. A day later he said I was the high bidder. I paid the seller and a few days later I got the knife. Didnt seem to be complicated at all. I dont know why he told you that you won so I dont have anything to add about that. Like I told you on the phone when we spoke, I dont let 'not geting a knife' stress me out. If I get it great, If not , there will always be other oppurtunities.
orangeboy

Post by orangeboy »

Sharperd wrote:
orangeboy wrote: I offered more than that and the seller told me I was the winner. Then he dropped off the face of the earth. :roll:
I am the one who got the 11" Flatty. I sent a PM to the seller when he was taking offers. A day later he said I was the high bidder. I paid the seller and a few days later I got the knife. Didnt seem to be complicated at all. I dont know why he told you that you won so I dont have anything to add about that. Like I told you on the phone when we spoke, I dont let 'not geting a knife' stress me out. If I get it great, If not , there will always be other oppurtunities.
Exactly, you did nothing wrong at all and like I said I'm glad someone cool got the knife. Most knives are just meaning less to me anymore, but it's just very odd how all these non-collectors pop up on these knife message boards trying to make lots of cash off the collectors and then they play games with every one. Even this particular seller of this 8" Latama kriss. I talked with him right away and he told me, "I'm honest I won't play games with you," yet now he ignores my emails, ignores Chopper's emails etc, etc. Kind of odd how they want us to be honest and almost blindly trust them & send them money and they can't return a simple email, or simple PM.

That is why it is great to have your auction site and sometimes I do direct sellers to your site. That way at least things are out in the open
and the chances of a collector getting burned by a non-collector only interested in makes piles of cash off collectors are less.
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

"it is great to have your auction site"
Amen brother!
jim d,

Post by jim d, »

"it is great to have your auction site"
Amen brother!

I agree

Jim
kdxman777

Post by kdxman777 »

i am extremely sorry for those trying to send messages about their offers. i have recently had to start using another computer as mine has gotten a virus which limits alot of my emails from coming through and to make it worse i have had someone backout on a sale.
chopper561

Post by chopper561 »

Does the virus prevent your private messages from being stored on this site? All my messages to you were private messages sent through this site which went unanswered even though I could see you were visiting this site.