AHAAA More 70's cartoons GOD help me

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

yw it was a good blast from the past,but there were alot left out like,
circus boy(was micky dolenez),buffalo bill jr., captain gallent of the french foriegn legion.capt midnigt,jungle jim, to name a few.

tryker
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Yes quite a few were left out but if they put in all the good stuff the thing would be 3 hrs long. lol
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

I feel a little sick; there were only 3 or 4 I couldn't remember (I'm the Law???). Just to add to the list of the missing - Ernie Kovacks. His old early 50's show (remember the Nairobi Trio?), and he had a show in the early 60's called Silents, Please, where they showed silent movies and fiddled around with the subtitles. Watched The Gray Ghost religiously, as well as one that wasn't mentioned; The Silent Service (submarine crew), and Gunsmoke, Have Gun, Colt .45, Sea Hunt, etc. Lately, the bloody Munsters are all over the TV on weekends; how'd that happen?

At least they didn't waste a lot of time on that insipid mouse, whatever his name was....Melvin or something...

I think if someone from that time was to be transported here and now, they'd think they'd been sent to some Brave New World or 1984 type existence, and after their initial awe at the computers, cars, and entertainment, would want to get back to their own time in one hell of a hurry.

It seems to me that the whole thing turned upside down on a day in '63, Dallas Texas. Nothing was the same after that.

Still got my Davey Crockett mug.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Still got my Capt. Midnight Ovaltine mug, and my baking soda submarine from Kelloggs.
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Hey, I remember the cereal box sub, I had one or two also. There was a scuba diver too, I remember. I think mine accidently went down the toilet. You could really get some zip out of those things if you threw a little vinegar in the water.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

switchman1 wrote:Still got my baking soda submarine from Kelloggs.
I tried mine with baking soda in vinegar :shock: It may be still in orbit :wink:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Vagrant wrote:
switchman1 wrote:Still got my baking soda submarine from Kelloggs.
I tried mine with baking soda in vinegar :shock: It may be still in orbit :wink:
They used baking POWDER :idea:
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

yup iremember tying my old mans hankerchuefs to those green rubber armymen like a parachute and throwing them in the air,and stealing the wheels off my little sisters baby carriage to make a soapbox car, and taking the wood out of the window shades to make kites with newspapers.
unfortuneitly i mention this to my g/f's son and he looks at me wierd and goes back to his gameboy....am i missing sumtin here?

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

TRYKER wrote:
yup iremember tying my old mans hankerchuefs to those green rubber armymen like a parachute and throwing them in the air,and stealing the wheels off my little sisters baby carriage to make a soapbox car, and taking the wood out of the window shades to make kites with newspapers.
unfortuneitly i mention this to my g/f's son and he looks at me wierd and goes back to his gameboy....am i missing sumtin here?

tryker
I'll concede they need an imagination to play those games BUT they aren't DOING anything with that imagination :(
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

The sad part about todays kids is that they can only play organized sports, A pick-up game of baseball is unheard of in my area, play dates for the younger kids, they wouldn't know how to buck up sides if their life depended on it. It's a different world today for sure. The parents in some cases are to blame, my own son has turned into a wus, My grandson came home crying after some kid 2 yrs younger than him threw a stick and hit him on the cheek. I said send him back ant tell him to punch the lights out of the little miscreant, my son in turn said "thats not the way we settle things today"So he goes to the kids house and talks to the father who tells him to go f**k himself and slams the door in his face, what a different world. I'm not saying it was all Ozzie and Harriet and June Cleaver perfect when I grew up, but it was a better way of being brought up.
Saikuri

Post by Saikuri »

switchman1 wrote:The sad part about todays kids is that they can only play organized sports, A pick-up game of baseball is unheard of in my area, play dates for the younger kids, they wouldn't know how to buck up sides if their life depended on it. It's a different world today for sure. The parents in some cases are to blame, my own son has turned into a wus, My grandson came home crying after some kid 2 yrs younger than him threw a stick and hit him on the cheek. I said send him back ant tell him to punch the lights out of the little miscreant, my son in turn said "thats not the way we settle things today"So he goes to the kids house and talks to the father who tells him to go f**k himself and slams the door in his face, what a different world. I'm not saying it was all Ozzie and Harriet and June Cleaver perfect when I grew up, but it was a better way of being brought up.
I suppose so, they seem to feel little "hounour" either, or rather "consideration for others"; beyound the home there is a community, which needs community spirit. Not 2-bit thugs, Who damage and steal everything; I can't really explain much more, but any qualitys of decentness are self made however much effort Parents put into it. I grew up in a very pacifist home, my Parents came from a very diffrent world to 80's L.A. Unfortunately the many rude awakenings that came are way never changed their minds on that, I grew up learning the unforunate laungage my World spoke was violence. It was nasty.
You Republican's better keep up!: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Culture shock New Hampshire style :!:
The last time I locked the house was when we went away [to another state] for three days :wink:
Real culture shock ! I have relatives in Massachusetts that lock their house when they are at home and expecting company :roll:
Saikuri

Post by Saikuri »

Vagrant wrote:Culture shock New Hampshire style :!:
The last time I locked the house was when we went away [to another state] for three days :wink:
Real culture shock ! I have relatives in Massachusetts that lock their house when they are at home and expecting company :roll:
I'd still lock the door, one or two guns are enough to attract robbers as I well know!. They have quite a diffrent outlook on home defence in M.C.S, forced into it by overcopious weapon laws, and very crime conscious local news!.
You Republican's better keep up!: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/bunny.php
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

Vagrant wrote:Culture shock New Hampshire style :!:

i live in south central mass., and i leave the doors open and the keys in the ignition, but i live at the end of a dirt road where i fish smallies from the front yard and hunt deer in the backyard. of course we still have the local punks butt the know enuff not to mess with me.anyway i think parents taday baby thier kids ,like, whats this sports where you don't keep score? so the losers of the game don't get discouraged? it's part of life and a valuable life lesson, called dealing with it. how are they to learn this so when they get older there not dumbfonded and at a complete loss as how to handel the situation? sorry for ranting

tryker
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

I had every toy gun I could find (and I could get my parents to buy for me). Fanner .50, Shootin-Shell Snubnose .38, a really cool realistic-looking all-metal P-38, bunch of toy Lugers, a great squirt gun that looked like a 12 gauge pump, a full-on army get-up from Combat! (remember Combat! with Kirby, Caje, Littlejohn, Sgt Sanders, and Lt. Hanley?) with a Thompson, grenades, a helmet with netting, and a .45. My mom still has my Fanner .50, but the rest have gone by the wayside.
Some folks call it a sling blade, I call it a Kaiser blade.