AHAAA More 70's cartoons GOD help me

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
missaman

AHAAA More 70's cartoons GOD help me

Post by missaman »

Please explain why Sprittle and Chim Chim did not drown in the trunk for the Mach 5.....
And how come racer X never did Trixie..... Or Speed racer for that matter
I must think if your first name is speed that may affect things :roll:
I am on Vacation and have been watching cable TV...
GOD help us all....
Why did Ultraman have a blinking light on his chest and how did he regenerate :lol: :lol: That crossed wrist thing looks cool....
Missa
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

if either racer x or speed did trixie it would be incest.

tryker
missaman

Post by missaman »

I knew Racer x and Speed were brothers But not "The rest of the story" :shock:
Missa
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. Missaman-

Do ya' remember the words and the tune good ol' Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent used to sing? Now there was a psychedelically influenced cartoon... Howzabout 'Milton the Monster', and the constant favorite, 'Felix the Cat'? Good thing Walt Disney invented the bong prior to 1950, 'eh?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Missaman,

It was the lack of facial expression that did in those toons. My preference was more like Fritz the Cat. Too bad ol' Gary Larson never came up with a animated flick show. I'm sure the dingers would have been fast and furious.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
slappy / psychoticsumo

Post by slappy / psychoticsumo »

TRYKER wrote:

if either racer x or speed did trixie it would be incest.

tryker
trixie is in fact speed's girlfriend not his sister so speed was hittin' it :)

so x coulda got him some too :wink:
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Trying to remember the theme from Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent. If there were bad guys, that would jog my memory, they'd be there; the cartoon themes always mentioned them - "Biggy with his pistols, and Itchy with his fleas..." All I can remember is "....Your obedient serpent in.........a Bob Clampett cartoon"

Did anybody else get Tom Terriffic? Artwork like flip art in a school notebook, he wore a funnel for a hat and changed himself into various objects. Sidekick was Mighty Manfred the Wonder Dog. Bad guy - Crabby Appleton. Anybody remember this one?

If I can remember things like that, how come I can't find my keys?

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
missaman

Post by missaman »

Missa Slappy,
Glad to hear!!!
I feel better :D
Howz about Mondy da' sea monster...
Missa Jim may rember him anna Bruce da' Bird...
Missaman :idea:
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Geez tr4252 you is sure showin your age if you can remember Tom Terrific,Manfred,and Crabby Appleton, I'm guessin 4252 is your date of birth?
Switchman1 Alcohol,Tobacco,and Firearms....... who's got the chips?
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

Yes, 4252 is my D.O.B., and also the hull number of an old time machine I used to have, which was disguised as a sailboat.

Seriously, I'd always thought Tom Terrific was a local production; it was so poorly done. Funny how you remember stuff from when you were 4 or 5 years old. Wish I could remember where I left my glasses.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

tr4252 wrote:Yes, 4252 is my D.O.B., and also the hull number of an old time machine I used to have, which was disguised as a sailboat.

Seriously, I'd always thought Tom Terrific was a local production; it was so poorly done. Funny how you remember stuff from when you were 4 or 5 years old. Wish I could remember where I left my glasses.

Tom
:lol:
The first time I looked for my glasses AND had them on :oops: I was 54 since then I've had a couple more 'senior moments" :wink:
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

I was born in 49 and remember Tom Terrific fondly along with Big Brother Bob Emery, Rin Tin Tin, Miss Francis the schoolteacher(Ding Dong School), Kookla Fran and Ollie, and sitting with my grandfather watching the friday night fights up here in boston in the fifties.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

LOL good ole bob emery lol he hated kids. now rex trailer was kool!!!

since ya takin a stroll down memory lane check this out, turn up ya speakers

http://objflicks.com/WhenLifewasInBlack&White.htm

tryker
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

TRYKER wrote:
now rex trailer was kool!!!
tryker
When I was about 10 - 12 I held a newspaper while Rex shredded it with his bullwhip 8) It got so small I could feel the lash as it went between my hands :wink:
switchman1

Post by switchman1 »

Thank you Tryker for that blast from the past, I remember 95 percent of what was shown. Annette was my first love, and Gail Davis(Annie Oakley) was my stand by love in case Annette couldn't make it to my house. Those shows defined what most kids at that time talked about on monday morning in the school yard. I can remember some kids couldn't watch tv cause there wasn't one in the house. And some of the kids couldn't watch tv cause their parents wouldn't let them. The only show that I was not allowed to watch was You Bet Your Life with Groucho because he was so "racy". lol