The Meaning of Life

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

floater wrote:Mr. Greyblade,

philosophy - unintelligible answers to insoluble questions

Sounds like a pretty safe area of study to me. :wink:

floater
And I have never seen any evidence that Oriental philosophy was superior to ours. "Half empty or half full" does not require four hours of parable. We can answer it in one second, and accecpt the opposite answer as being equally valid. No lifetime of meditation required :wink: Think it will rain? Nope! [There's a certain profundity to simpicity :idea: ]
No wonder the most commonly used expression in the known universe is "O.K." we didn't even charge for it. Our gift to everyone!
The Falcon

Post by The Falcon »

I waded through a WHOLE book on Kierkegaard and I'm still absolutely clueless what the heck existentialism is. :oops:
Am I "O.K."? :wink:
I collect springblades but I carry my "thumbers."
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

The Falcon wrote:I waded through a WHOLE book on Kierkegaard and I'm still absolutely clueless what the heck existentialism is. :oops:
Am I "O.K."? :wink:
You may be, but, then again, you may not be. Is that a philosophical or psychiatric response? Well, I think that it could be either, both, or neither.

That which does not destroy me makes me stronger, or maybe not,
Friederich Greyblade
floater

Post by floater »

Mr. Falcon,
I'm OK!
You're OK!
Kierkegaard's a pussy!
floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

GB wrote: Since this is the "Ask Vagrant" sub-forum, please tell me what is the meaning of life and why I should care. Thank you.
knives,beer,bourbon,BBQ,good cigars,beautiful women,and knives :!:
teq
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

The meaning of life is acquisition [and utilization] :idea:
You should care because someone else might "be ahead" or more adept :wink:
stepdaddy

Re:

Post by stepdaddy »

jim d, wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2004 11:34 pm SD,

I just read your post and the amazing thing is that while driving back to the hotel a few minutes ago I was thinking about the time my daughter was just a bit older than yours is now. I was leaving for a week long business trip and she was in the driveway waving good-by. When I got to the end of the driveway she burst into tears.

Regarding 13-15 years from now (or perhaps more correctly, when she is 13-15), my recommendation is to understand that it is a phase. My daughter went through a very belligerent phase during those years, but now at nearly 18 she has matured a bit and is no longer the nasty person she was a few years ago. It is hard to fault her when I consider what I was like as a teen.

Jim

Mr. D:

I'm happy to report my daughter is knocking on the door of 18, just graduated highschool and is starting nursing school. I'd still like to think I'm her favorite person in the world but her mother is always trying to sabotage that so she can be #1. Not to mention this boyfriend dude.

SD
sammy the blade

Re: Re:

Post by sammy the blade »

stepdaddy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:36 pm

I just read your post and the amazing thing is that while driving back to the hotel a few minutes ago I was thinking about the time my daughter was just a bit older than yours is now. I was leaving for a week long business trip and she was in the driveway waving good-by. When I got to the end of the driveway she burst into tears.

Regarding 13-15 years from now (or perhaps more correctly, when she is 13-15), my recommendation is to understand that it is a phase. My daughter went through a very belligerent phase during those years, but now at nearly 18 she has matured a bit and is no longer the nasty person she was a few years ago. It is hard to fault her when I consider what I was like as a teen.

Jim

Mr. D:

I'm happy to report my daughter is knocking on the door of 18, just graduated highschool and is starting nursing school. I'd still like to think I'm her favorite person in the world but her mother is always trying to sabotage that so she can be #1. Not to mention this boyfriend dude.

SD
The boyfriend is just a fact of life, just hope she doesn't make you a grandpa before she gets out of nursing school. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders!
2024 candidate for president
TRYKER

Re: The Meaning of Life

Post by TRYKER »

THE HOKY POKY ''IS'' WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT.
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
john

Re: The Meaning of Life

Post by john »

Collecting knives
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
stepdaddy

Re: Re:

Post by stepdaddy »

sammy the blade wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:50 pm
stepdaddy wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:36 pm

Jim

Mr. D:

SD
The boyfriend is just a fact of life, just hope she doesn't make you a grandpa before she gets out of nursing school. Sounds like she has a good head on her shoulders!

STB: she does.

SD