The Meaning of Life

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

I'm not sure of the "true meaning of life", I'm still learning !

But it's interesting reading !....... keep it goin' 8)
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Benny theBlade wrote,
But did you tell him the Burn was YOURS, not his?
Oh believe me, he knows :twisted: He's okay with it. he understands Dad's addiction :wink: and there's only one cure, MORE!!!
BennytheBlade

Post by BennytheBlade »

LOL, he doesnt even get to touch it does he?
:twisted:
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes.
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. GreyBlade-

The meaning of life is the Creator's greytest mystery unto us, His amusors. You're not supposed to reach ultimate understanding until the last wisp of earthy vapor passes through thy lungs, nor reach nirvana until your passage through suffering over equals your debt of inequity... For those of us here in the eternal nothingness, we all agree that the meaning of life is in it's experience, best served via heavy doses of euphoric hyperventialtion from laughter. So, AS a synposis, seek thy meaning through chuckles.

Next question?

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse
Milu

Post by Milu »

Why does life have to have a meaning?

Or, more meaning than we choose to give it?
"se me burlé, me fico un cento e vinti in tel stomego"
Goldoni: La donna di Garbo, 1753
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Wally,

You know, I think you've come closer to an explanation with which I can get comfortable than any other that I've ever heard or read. Also, I think that your last posting on this thread is about as lucid a one as I've ever encountered from you on any topic. What's wrong, not feeling well today? Trying to pay off a little karmic debt by being sort of straight for a change? Wally - booby - what's got inta ya?

Curious and greytful as ever,
Greyblade
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Post by Bonzo »

Mr. Greyblade,

Mr. Corpse is psyching himself up for the amazing Blue Oyster Cult show this coming sunday in SF. Mainly, because yours truly will be heading down to meet him with assorted spring steel and a few racks of Coors. I almost heard a faint crackle of excitement in his voice when he called me today.

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
daddyloko

Post by daddyloko »

Bennythe Blade wrote:
LOL, he doesnt even get to touch it does he?
Only with a security deposit!!
Wally J. Corpse
Level Zero: True Jerk

Post by Wally J. Corpse »

Greetings, Mr. GreyBlade-

Gee wilikers, that last post did reek of happyisms, didn't it? Well, I can put a stop to that once I wriggle out of the state mandated public safety restraints. Damned institutionalist mentality of those who were lucky enough to capture me, the bastids. I said- "Chase Me", not- "Catch Me". No fairsies with that whole APB tranquilzer dart gun thingie, dontcha' agree?
Sorry to have disturbed you with my feeble and transparent lucidity, it was kinda creepy at that. Oh well, I'll just try harder to get back to my traditional rootage of caustic cynicsm and verbiose nah nah nahisms.

AS ever,

Your ol' pal,

Wally J. Corpse

P.S. Sure was a sad day here in Turdtown when Calvin and Hobbes ceased to exist. In memorium, just last month whilst playing in the snow with the lil' Corpses, I created a fittingly un-nerving two headed snowman complete with vacant souless facial expressions, and beckoning limbs. That sure evoked a tittering rabble of some foreigner's dialect from the tour bus crowd. Heh, heh, heh, welcome to America, now get out.
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I have the uneasy feeling that we may be an experiment someone else is using to answer their questions. I doubt the answers or even the questions will be revealed to us [like most "lab rats" we're not important!]
floater

Post by floater »

Vagrant wrote:I have the uneasy feeling that we may be an experiment someone else is using to answer their questions. I doubt the answers or even the questions will be revealed to us [like most "lab rats" we're not important!]

When discussing evidence of a just and loving god in philosophy 101 many years ago, I suggested that our universe was perhaps just as likely some alien boy or girl's jr. high school science fair experiment, my classmates became a little uneasy.
Quien sabe?
........but until the Great Curtain is lifted (lowered?), I'm happy to be one of the laughing lab rats.

floater
PS - Thanks for the daily affirmation, Mr. Wally! Have you ever considered publishing a collection of your happyisms? Chicken Soup For The Dead, maybe?
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.
Greyblade

Post by Greyblade »

Wally - Just keep doing what you're doing, happyisms and all. Everybody is lucid, intentionally or other wise, sometime during their lives. You do a good verbose job for a dead guy.

Vagrant - If we really are some space cadet's science fair project, may they get a B. Now pass the cheddar.

Bonz - Perhaps you can play along with the BOC by tapping out tunes on the Corpse's rib cage like a marimba. The necrophiliac Lionel Hampton. It would be more appropos if you were going to a Dead concert together.

floater - Why waste time in a philosophy class when you already know that the only response to anyone's serious questions will be a shrug of the shoulders and a hearty "Idunno"? The only philosophy major that I ever knew had fused joints in his toes, but managed to become an Elizabeth, NJ police officer in spite of this terrible handicap. He retired last month having never had to unholster his gun in 33 years of service. He would just start spouting Kant, and the bad guys would become comatose.

Greyblade
BlackBlade

Post by BlackBlade »

I don't think any one can say what what is the meaning of life is but you can say what your meaning of life is what ever you love but that's just the way I feel
Stay Cool, And Keep On Flipin! :mrgreen:
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Welcome BlackBlade
floater

Post by floater »

Mr. Greyblade,

philosophy - unintelligible answers to insoluble questions

Sounds like a pretty safe area of study to me. :wink:

floater
It's all here before your eyes / Safety is a big disguise ....
That hides among the other lies / They divide and conquer.