Question on bbcode for image posting

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
WheelingWV

Question on bbcode for image posting

Post by WheelingWV »

Greetings,

I’ve tried to use BBCode to post images without success. I’ve uploaded my images to Imgur but cannot figure out how to post them to the forum. I’ve tried placing these on either side of the URL Image... Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks so much. Best wishes... Mark (WheelingWV)
Mistakes are like knives. They can help us or they can hurt us. It all depends on whether we grab ‘em by the handle or by the blade.
whippersnapper

Re: Question on bbcode for image posting

Post by whippersnapper »

You have to place your code in between the img tags. It is sign that looks like a little mountain and sun above where you post. From right to left the 9th symbol. Or 3rd from the left of the "Normal" drop down.

If your pictures are small enough you should be able to upload them directly here. You just go down under your posting box and click on options- then attachments- It does have some size and pixel restrictions.

You may be able to just copy and paste the img code from imgur if it has that code for an option.
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Thank you so much!
Mistakes are like knives. They can help us or they can hurt us. It all depends on whether we grab ‘em by the handle or by the blade.
john

Post by john »

Another option for you is VGY.ME, It’s a photo sharing site; very easy to use. After uploading your photos select the IMG link then copy and paste it into the dialog box on TalkBlade or any other forum.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

WheelingWV wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:36 pm Greetings,

I’ve tried to use BBCode to post images without success. I’ve uploaded my images to Imgur but cannot figure out how to post them to the forum. I’ve tried placing these on either side of the URL Image... Any idea what I might be doing wrong? Thanks so much. Best wishes... Mark (WheelingWV)
Mark, if you're using Imgur on your PC, the right column gives you different options for posting your pics. Choose the message boards and forums option. It will generate a link that you paste into your post. When you submit your post, the link will automatically turn into the picture.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Thank you, JulesVane!👍 I’ve been trying to do this from my iPhone, that could be the problem. I’ll have to dust off my pc and give that a stab (pun intended). Thanks for your help.
JulesVane

Post by JulesVane »

WheelingWV wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:50 pm Thank you, JulesVane!👍 I’ve been trying to do this from my iPhone, that could be the problem. I’ll have to dust off my pc and give that a stab (pun intended). Thanks for your help.
I’ve had the Imgur app on my iPhone and can’t use it at all! Just sign in on your PC and it’s the world of difference easy.

"By accepting you as you are, I do not necessarily abandon all hope of your improving"- My Wife (1963-Present)
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

Thanks, Partner. I look forward to posting pics of my Latamas (after the final five arrive in a few days). Thanks again.👍
WheelingWV

Post by WheelingWV »

(Five = “a couple” when I’m talking to Wifee) 😎