Al Sweeney Has Passed UPDATE ON PAGE 2

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Fishtail Picklock

Re: Al Sweeney Has Passed

Post by Fishtail Picklock »

jim d, wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:55 am I just have to relate another of what I consider to be a classic Al line. The subject was politics and Al said that the best way he could describe his political views is "just slightly to the right of Atilla the Hun" :lol:

Jim
It works for me!
Fishtail Picklock
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wally J. Corpse wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:18 pm Greetings, All-

Once again, sad to hear of another esteamed colleague's departure from this temporal plane. Mr. Vagrant will always live on AS a true gentleman and a willing teacher to those of me, always tolerant of mine goofy queries and resplendent in his Live Free Or Die wit and wisdom. At such time AS now and forever, eye shalt hoist one for gone Al...

AS ever,
Your ol' pal,
Wally J. Corpse
Well said Wally!
2024 candidate for president
Veech12

Post by Veech12 »

I've had my moments with Al but always enjoyed his fishing stories. Goes back to 1999 and the yellow forum :) ... Sending good smoke and thoughts of peace for his family and all that loved him.
moe

Post by moe »

:cry: Goodbye friend, thanks for all your help. :cry:
What!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

my body's achin' and my time is at hand
Straydog 5247

Post by Straydog 5247 »

Very sorry to hear this.....rest in peace Al ..

Rondog :cry:
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Al Sweeney Has Passed UPDATE

Post by natcherly »

A mutual friend emailed me with the info that Al's funeral is Friday in New Hampshire. Don't know more than that. If anyone intends to attend, let me know and I will try to get more info. He also sent some pictures, most of which I have already posted. Here is one more showing Al at the Flea, one of his favorite activities....
Attachments
AlSweeney.jpg
AlSweeney.jpg (28.79 KiB) Viewed 9210 times
sammy the blade

Re: Al Sweeney Has Passed UPDATE ON PAGE 2

Post by sammy the blade »

Thanks for the update.
2024 candidate for president
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

Not sure what I can say about this except it saddens me deeply to hear of Al's passing.
I have been meaning to express my condolences for the passing of our friend Pete as well.

Both were damn good men and were special to me.
As for all my friends here- You are sincerely special to me as well and I need you to know this.

Salute! Dave
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Well said, Dave.

Glad to see you back. We were worried about you too.
Bonzo
Doofus Emeritus
Location: Klamath Falls, Oregon Left Coast I can still see Mt. Zoomie from my house!

Re: Al Sweeney Has Passed UPDATE

Post by Bonzo »

natcherly wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:58 am A mutual friend emailed me with the info that Al's funeral is Friday in New Hampshire. Don't know more than that. If anyone intends to attend, let me know and I will try to get more info. He also sent some pictures, most of which I have already posted. Here is one more showing Al at the Flea, one of his favorite activities....
Mr. Natcherly,

Thank you for posting this. Wally sent up a smoke signal recently about Mr. Vagrants passing. No surprise, but the finality does cut deep. I hope all is well with you.

Mr. Corpse,

Way back when, I recall you and I going off on some diatribe which was not well received by some of the unwashed who don't understand our goofisms and sarcastic banter. Mr. Vagrant stepped in and said; "You guys are twisted! Thats OK, normal people scare me".

Mr. Vagrant,

May your journey through the cosmos be blessed!

Best regards,

Bonz
"A little rebellion now & then is a good thing"
Thomas Jefferson
tr4252
Special Agent Oy Oy Seven

Post by tr4252 »

It was terrible news. Al was one of the first guys I met here, really helped me to fit in. He was a great no nonsense moderator, and seemed to know an awful lot about everything. It is sad to lose such a long standing and well liked member, but he will be fondly remembered for his whit and wisdom here.

Tom
Is it...Tomorrow....Or just the end of time?