MINES

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Claudester

MINES

Post by Claudester »

Dear Mr. Vagrant,
Being that I am a member of this KNIFE forum can I ask you, What would be the nicest pattern for setting out land mines in my local park? :lol:

Thank you in advance
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
mypetelvis

Post by mypetelvis »

Claudester,

Were those REAL land mines, or were we talking about TOY ones?

M.P.E.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

mypetelvis wrote:Claudester,

Were those REAL land mines, or were we talking about TOY ones?

M.P.E.
Mr.M.P.E.

Would I Pluck around with a TOY. I want to do damage. I really think I had a bad day at work and this is a good place to air it out.
Take Care
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. Claudster I posted how to make home made land mines cheap and easy. I was taught by an ex green beret. Let me know if you need the info :roll:
Missaman
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

missaman wrote:Mr. Claudster I posted how to make home made land mines cheap and easy. I was taught by an ex green beret. Let me know if you need the info :roll:
Missaman
Mr. Missaman,
Are you nuts or are you pulling my chain. If your serious Go find Neil :twisted:
missaman

Post by missaman »

Mr. Claudster,
Just seeing how bad your day really was :D Who is Neil???
Truth be told I was taught how to make them....
I put a few under each of my windows in da hood :twisted:
Missaman
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Re: MINES

Post by Vagrant »

Claudester wrote:Dear Mr. Vagrant,
Being that I am a member of this KNIFE forum can I ask you, What would be the nicest pattern for setting out land mines in my local park? :lol:

Thank you in advance
I would avoid a geometrical pattern and go with more random. Concentrate in "high traffic" areas, and to be really effective add some Claymores to the mix, especially in areas used to escape the regular ones. [ALWAYS look to see what you're running into when running away].
These all should be [VERY] non-lethal of course [unless you know for sure the park is full of commies].
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

missaman wrote:Mr. Claudster I posted how to make home made land mines cheap and easy. I was taught by an ex green beret. Let me know if you need the info :roll:
Missaman
Explosives are easy to make but making a effective detonator [blasting cap] or compound detonator is a real "trick". Surprisingly you can't just walk into the local Walmart and buy a dozen #6 engineer specials, [shucky darn].
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

Rather than the park [again unless it's full of commies] wouldn't work be the place to do this???? [Yes I had a bad day also.] In that case you need to make some "shaped charges" [mines are too random]. Using the bottom half of a wine bottle and "loud stuff" equivalent to compostition 4 [if you make your own] should do the trick. This can cut steel supports nicely and gravity will do the rest. Placing a large amount of explosives on the roof is wasteful [but quite dramatic]. Things can take care of themselves with a few supports cut, [why be wasteful?]
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

I wonder, does the military have any regrets about that 4-f draft classification they gave me? Did they miss out on a good thing?
Vagrant
Self Appointed Authority

Post by Vagrant »

If anyone is serious about using expolsives to solve problems, PLEASE have a drink and get a grip. Nothing is that BAD. Get over it.
Claudester

Post by Claudester »

Vagrant wrote:Rather than the park [again unless it's full of commies] wouldn't work be the place to do this???? [Yes I had a bad day also.] In that case you need to make some "shaped charges" [mines are too random]. Using the bottom half of a wine bottle and "loud stuff" equivalent to compostition 4 [if you make your own] should do the trick. This can cut steel supports nicely and gravity will do the rest. Placing a large amount of explosives on the roof is wasteful [but quite dramatic]. Things can take care of themselves with a few supports cut, [why be wasteful?]
Mr. Vagrant. Thank you o'so much for the info. But I did want the information for use in the park. See I hate squirrels with a passion. In fact its squirrels and pigions that I hate. I got a park by me and all I see these squirrels do all day is either bury thier nuts or eat them and all the damn pigions do is coo and shit.
I know these will make a lot of holes and won't make the park look any better but thats O.K. to, I also hate the guys that maintain the park cause they get to play cards all day and I can't. Now do you see my reasoning.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Teddy
Britannicus Geriatricus

Post by Teddy »

Mr. Claudester,

Have you considered the advantages of acorn-sized (and acorn-appearing) devices detonated by remote control ?

With a few dozen of those and a decent view from an overlooking window the potential exists for some seriously entertaining sport .... if only you could make some down to corn size.... it would help with the pigeons also.

Best wishes
Teddy
Stone Knife

Post by Stone Knife »

Toys are dangerous. Here's the real deal. Scroll to the bottom for placement diagrams. :idea:
wendigo

Post by wendigo »

Claudester wrote:
Vagrant wrote:Rather than the park [again unless it's full of commies] wouldn't work be the place to do this???? [Yes I had a bad day also.] In that case you need to make some "shaped charges" [mines are too random]. Using the bottom half of a wine bottle and "loud stuff" equivalent to compostition 4 [if you make your own] should do the trick. This can cut steel supports nicely and gravity will do the rest. Placing a large amount of explosives on the roof is wasteful [but quite dramatic]. Things can take care of themselves with a few supports cut, [why be wasteful?]
Mr. Vagrant. Thank you o'so much for the info. But I did want the information for use in the park. See I hate squirrels with a passion. In fact its squirrels and pigions that I hate. I got a park by me and all I see these squirrels do all day is either bury thier nuts or eat them and all the damn pigions do is coo and shit.
I know these will make a lot of holes and won't make the park look any better but thats O.K. to, I also hate the guys that maintain the park cause they get to play cards all day and I can't. Now do you see my reasoning.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I too hate squirrels, but I take a more suttle approach. I troll for them with my Zebco with a peanut on the hook. When they get closer enough I gaff them and pound on them with an aluminum softball bat. The same technique works for pigeons and winos. :mrgreen: