reassembling EKA Normark Big Swede knife

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
normark

reassembling EKA Normark Big Swede knife

Post by normark »

I took an old Normark Big Swede apart to clean it. It belonged to my neighbor who died. It accidentally fell apart and now I can't figure out how to put the spring bar back in place! I have spent hours on this puzzle. Can anyone help me, PLEASE. THANKS MUCH.
sammy the blade

Re: reassembling EKA Normark Big Swede knife

Post by sammy the blade »

It would help if you can post some pictures of all the parts.
2024 candidate for president
john

Post by john »

sammy the blade wrote:It would help if you can post some pictures of all the parts.

I’d like to help just as many other members would too, please post photos.

FYI
Vgy.me is a very easy to use and it’s free. It will create a link that you can use to post your photos.
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
normark

Post by normark »

Here is the picture of the Normark big Swede I can't put back together. Thanks guys for all your help. I am crazy now after days of working on this. I don't know where the bar spring goes or in what position the rubber piece should be!

https://vgy.me/zygvog.jpg
normark

Post by normark »

Hello out there, far and wide. I still need some help in reassembling the Normark Big Swede, as in the picture link I sent. I am a 74 year old woman and I would like to get this knife in working order before I am too old to use it! Thanks much, especially to Sammy da Blade and John who requested a picture.
LightlyToasted

Post by LightlyToasted »

Hello,

I see this thread is a bit old, but I recently reassembled my Normark Big Swede, and may be of assistance. Note that the picture does not appear to be a Big Swede model, but perhaps some other model. Let me know if you still need assistance - there's a bit of a trick to assembling the locking mechanism, which requires a bit of pressure.
Philippe

Post by Philippe »

Hi:

I'm new here. I have an actual Normark Big Swede. Some silly person took it apart, and now I can't fully get it back together.
LightlyToasted: If you would explain/show photos or do whatever you can to explain how to get it back together, I'd greatly appreciate it.
I thought I knew all the tricks, but I may still not know enough, and I've been trying for hours. I would be very grateful for that.

Thanks