Hafa adai

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
tequiza

Hafa adai

Post by tequiza »

Just want to say so long for a few weeks, heading out to Tucson Az tomorrow morning to spend some time with my wife's son and family, and then flying to Hawaii for 3 days,then on to Guam, can't take the cold weather anymore, looking forward to lots of fishing and warm sunshine, see ya all in a few weeks. :D
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Re: Hafa adai

Post by natcherly »

Travel safe, ol' buddy. You were one of the first members to welcome me here, and I still fondly remember our lunch when I visited Atlanta a few years ago. Sadly not during the Blade Show...

Glad you finally pulled the pin and are now headed to your Pacific paradise. I trust the gov't has taken steps to prevent Guam from capsizing as was brought to our attention by this brilliant member of Congress

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q

Let us know how things are once you settle in. All the best to you and Nancy.

David
gravknife

Post by gravknife »

Tequiza

Wishing you and your wife all the best in your move to warmer climates.

Moves are always difficult but having loads of sunshine and sandy beaches or freezing your nuts off makes descisions that little bit easier. :)

Keep us informed how you get on Pete and take good care of yourself.

All the best from England

Ian
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Wishing you and your wife all the best!
2024 candidate for president
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Thank you everyone, just running around this morning trying to make sure we don't forget anything, ( good luck, right :-) )
I'm going to send Hank an invite David and tell him to jump up and down on either side of the island and see if he can move it, hell, even my horde of fat girls can't do that:-)))
Anyway, I'll be back in touch as soon as i'm able, you guys hold the fort down, troll season should be starting soon. :lol:
Veech12

Post by Veech12 »

I'm signing on to say enjoy your adventure Pete!! A great way to "finish up". I enjoyed old times and the clear stuff in Atlanta, really glad I get to wish you well in public on here. Stay hydrated and don't get too much sun. Truly wishing you the best. Warm regards..
whippersnapper

Post by whippersnapper »

Have a great and safe move, Pete!
john

Post by john »

Hi Pete,
Warmer temps is just what I need too. The New England winters are getting to me big time. Enjoy the warmer temps!
Hope to hear from you soon,
John
Your friend on the web's most friendly community on knives and blades,
John

Massachusetts Where Everything is Illegal or Taxed
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

safe journey !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Good morning everyone,
Well we're about a third of the way, we're staying with Nancy's son and his family here in Tuscon Az and we'll leave for Hawaii on the third of April.

A word of warning for anyone traveling coast to coast, DO NOT TAKE I10, once you hit Texas the scenery does not change for about 1000 miles, thank God the speed limit is 80 MPH, I was ready for the funny farm when we finally arrived at Geoff's house, sat down at the bar he has and had no trouble downing four fingers of Bourbon:-)

John, sounds like you need to get out of that cold state too, temp in Guam stays in 80's most of the year, it might get down in the high 70's in January but that is rare!

Ian, I'm hoping your getting some use out of your new farm tractor:-)

Natch, our lunch in Atl, is forever locked in my memory banks, I do hope that I can buy you lunch on the island someday, all you have to do is get over there and you'll have a place to stay, we have a three bedroom condo and a ten minute walk out of the front door puts your feet in the sand on the beach!

Dave, ( ILS ) same goes for you too!

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say hello to everyone and I'll get back when I can.

Pete
ILikeStilettos

Post by ILikeStilettos »

Thanks for the invite, pard. I know it's heartfelt.
Dave Sause
oldandfat@cox.net
(405) 694-3690

"And you're telling me this because, somehow, I look like I give a shit?"

"Let a smile be your umbrella and you're gonna get your dumb ass wet."
sammy the blade

Post by sammy the blade »

Pete, can you have knives and guns on the island?
2024 candidate for president
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

sammy the blade wrote:Pete, can you have knives and guns on the island?
On the guns you can Sammy, but you gotta jump through a lot of hoops for a permit. you can have knives but switchblades are a no,no.

But like anywhere else if you know the right people you can get anything you want.
tequiza

Post by tequiza »

Veech12 wrote:I'm signing on to say enjoy your adventure Pete!! A great way to "finish up". I enjoyed old times and the clear stuff in Atlanta, really glad I get to wish you well in public on here. Stay hydrated and don't get too much sun. Truly wishing you the best. Warm regards..
Thanks Vinnie, no problem staying hydrated as there's lots of beer on the island :D
I would like to wish you well too on your dream and finish up, I was glad to hear that things are going better for you and your life is getting back to normal!

Wishing you the very best as well!
Pete
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Ah the joys of travelling in Texas. 80 mph seems pretty universal and appears on roads that here is CA would only qualify for 55. My experience with the TX 80 is that some actually drive faster than that. :mrgreen:

Have a safe trip ol' buddy. Be sure to let us know what the best local beers are like over there. Corona might be in short supply.