No Laughing Matter

Read-only area containing the massive amount of useful information Vagrant provided to this forum and to the knife world in general. Whatever the question, Vagrant likely either knew the answer or where to look for it.

Moderators: Vagrant, The Motley Crew

Forum rules
There are a few things you should know before posting in these forums. If you are a new user, please click here and read carefully. Thanks a lot!
Viking45

No Laughing Matter

Post by Viking45 »

I not only feel this is no laughing matter but actually find it disturbing. When did this happen? When did our youth become so weak?
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/17/co ... p-win.html

I see a lot of money being made off of this and if a guy was smart he would be the first one to start a "get tough" camp.
Charge about 15/20 grand for a month long program to toughen kids up. Make them live in tents,chop their own firewood,catch fish etc.
You heard it here first- I predict you will be hearing about some kind of "get tough" camp in the next six months. :idea:
tequiza

Re: No Laughing Matter

Post by tequiza »

This is funny as hell, wouldn't it be great to be 20 years old, in collage, and start consoling the coeds, bring them up to your place, a little wine, a little music, turn the lights down low, hold them in your arms, and bingo, time to play hide the wienie :idea: :wink:
Polish a knife, cook a pig, drink several beers
natcherly
Connoisseur dei Coltelli

Post by natcherly »

Such boot camps exist in some locations, but mostly as a diversionary option to juvenile jail. Under Selective Service, now mostly a footnote, at least many males got a taste of "tough love", military style.

Yes Pete, I pine for the days when I was 20. I've always been known as a good listener, a talent that would come in handy with the females in this bunch. "I feel your pain", followed somewhat later by "Can I feel your....." Naughty mind :oops:
Viking45

Post by Viking45 »

There are "scared straight" programs, programs where troubled youth can go and learn to care for horses and other farm animals,mend fences etc.
Lots of hard physical labor.

But I think someone should have a program specifically for these weak, brain washed college students to toughen them up.
I always had in mind that college prepared you for the rigors of the world not to hide in fear of them.
TRYKER

Post by TRYKER »

maybe we should allow teachers to wrap there knuckles with a ruler, slap there ass with a paddle, or where a dunce cap while sitting in the corner or give them detention !!!

there parents certainly ain't teaching them shit about life !!!
TRYKER

A man who brags about how smart he is, wouldn't if he was.

"Rose-colored glassses are never made in bifocals. Nobody wants to read the small print in dreams"